PS4 vs Xbox One.

Poll: What console will you be buying?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Playstation 4
69.23%
18 69.23%
Xbox One
30.77%
8 30.77%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS4 vs Xbox One.
I love the message to the Xbox bummers with no internet

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cf...60_instead
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 03:39 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: I love the message to the Xbox bummers with no internet

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cf...60_instead

In this day and age though.. I really think people should have bigger things to worry about.

I love the exhaust note of a big, lazy American V8. If i buy the exhaust for one, I can't really complain to Chevy because I don't HAVE a V8..

MS have nailed their colours to their mast by making it an online only console but the only people that will affect are those, well, without internet. As technology comes on leaps and bounds, in a few years there won't be many with no internet, and they'd be more interested in rear ending their sisters than playing CoD 21 online.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lets be honest, if you can afford £430 for an Xbox one, you can probably afford the internet connection..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 04:22 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Lets be honest, if you can afford £430 for an Xbox one, you can probably afford the internet connection..

^^this

Also, if you can afford an XB1 but can't physically get a decent internet connection, either change provider or move house if it's such a big deal.
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 03:03 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Change IS coming, just maybe MS got the timing wrong. The likes of Amazon, Gamestop etc control a lot of the prices you see for a new game disc. They're peaking at around £50 currently for new games. Imagine how much prices would come down if there were no manufacturing costs, no reseller profit.. That £80 extra for the XB1 would soon be recouped by paying half the price of a PS4 disc. Doesn't seem such a huge price difference any more eh?

You would think that but 9 times out of 10 (maybe even 10) the full digital versions of the game are more expensive than the disc version and even months after when the disc version has come down in price the digital version is still at max level,

Now i know steam has big sale event where the prices do really drop but steam is different to live/psn and even in a recent interview with major nelson (xbox dude) he was asked about big sales like steam and if microsoft would be doing the same and he kind of dodged the question so i doubt they will be having discounts worth mentioning
Thanks given by:
I'm just jealous all you bastards are contemplating a £350 purchase on a single item! I'm skint! lol
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 04:47 PM)Strikeforce Wrote:
(16-06-2013, 03:03 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Change IS coming, just maybe MS got the timing wrong. The likes of Amazon, Gamestop etc control a lot of the prices you see for a new game disc. They're peaking at around £50 currently for new games. Imagine how much prices would come down if there were no manufacturing costs, no reseller profit.. That £80 extra for the XB1 would soon be recouped by paying half the price of a PS4 disc. Doesn't seem such a huge price difference any more eh?

You would think that but 9 times out of 10 (maybe even 10) the full digital versions of the game are more expensive than the disc version and even months after when the disc version has come down in price the digital version is still at max level,

Now i know steam has big sale event where the prices do really drop but steam is different to live/psn and even in a recent interview with major nelson (xbox dude) he was asked about big sales like steam and if microsoft would be doing the same and he kind of dodged the question so i doubt they will be having discounts worth mentioning

An American company having "discounts"?

JAJAJAJAJAJA
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
I'll be getting a One purely because of Forza 5.
No other reason.

So yes maths fans that's £430+ for 1 game!
Thanks given by:
After watching both E3s myself I thin ps4 stormed it. I've had an xbox 360 for about 7 years and wouldn't have had it any other way, it's done me well. But the ps4 this year seems far more appealing and the console specific games seem more my kinda thing. And I had a ps2 waaay before my xbox 360.

Obviously won't be getting one on release, will wait for cheaper or pre owned consoles.

Destiny is my kinda game, looks incredible.
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 11:24 AM)Andy Wrote: I'll be getting a One purely because of Forza 5.
No other reason.

So yes maths fans that's £430+ for 1 game!

That's fair enough pal, at the end of the day you go for a console that has the games you want. I've grown up with Metal Gear Solid series so for me i'll always be a PlayStation nut! Forza has btw upped it's game, but i don't think any of the current line up have lived up to the storming Gran Turismo 4..., Yes 4, the best of the series by far.

(17-06-2013, 07:17 PM)MRiches Wrote: After watching both E3s myself I thin ps4 stormed it. I've had an xbox 360 for about 7 years and wouldn't have had it any other way, it's done me well. But the ps4 this year seems far more appealing and the console specific games seem more my kinda thing. And I had a ps2 waaay before my xbox 360.

Obviously won't be getting one on release, will wait for cheaper or pre owned consoles.

Destiny is my kinda game, looks incredible.

The PS3/Xbox360 generation was always a close call, but the PS3 just had the edge if you take into account the blu ray and free online.

And to be honest, the only reason the Xbox One is such a f*cked up console is because of hackers
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
I'm sorry, i used to be a die hard GT fan, even bought a PS3 just to play GT5... utter disappointment is all i can say really, they really need to step up their game with GT6 for me to even be vaguely interested in buying a PS4.. the amount of cars on GT5 is good, but the physics are so poor and the graphics aren't good at all unless it's on a premium car and even then F4 cars have twice the amount of polygons per car on EVERY car (1,000,000 iirc as opposed to gt5's 500,000 on premium cars, 300,000 on standard).. The fact that turn ten managed to develop F4 in 2 years and it was THAT much better than a game that took over 5 years to develop..

All this DRM hooha does make me laugh though, anyone miss the bit where yes, the PS4 is DRM free but publishers can if they want to put DRM onto their games and there's nothing anyone could do about it
Thanks given by:
GT6 will be on the ps3!!?? Bit of a wasted opportunity if you ask me.

http://m.joystiq.com/2013/05/24/sony-exp...3-not-ps4/
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
GT6 will be a PS3 and PS4 release.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
Just watched the forza 5 trailer, I'm getting an xbox one purely for that
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Well this is going to turn the tables somewhat http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/...e-policies
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2013, 10:29 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Well this is going to turn the tables somewhat http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/...e-policies

If this isn't a troll, (like IGN have posted a few in the past) then Microsoft are admitting defeat to Sony and having to change their console. And, just like the 360 it will be ruined through hacking. It's a catch 22.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
Right okay then.. so please, inform me now what the playstation 4 has that the xbox one doesn't? I've also had a 360 for the past 6 years at least and i can't say it's ever been ruined by hacking
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 08:07 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Right okay then.. so please, inform me now what the playstation 4 has that the xbox one doesn't? I've also had a 360 for the past 6 years at least and i can't say it's ever been ruined by hacking

This^^

You get the odd game that makes you go FFS but it hardly ruined anything. Unless you were competing for the leaderboards, in which case yeah you're f*cked.

They should lifetime ban hackers, simples. Lose your account, lose your game licenses. Should discourage a lot at the thought of losing ALL their games.
Thanks given by:
Fact of the matter is now, the PS4 is literally just a PS3 with a slightly bigger HDD and a bit better graphics, you've even gotta pay for the online features now too (yeah ok.. you get some free games, but live with gold on xbox now gives away 2 free full game titles every month)... for £100 more you can get an xbox one which functions as an xbox, dvr, pc and all three at the same time, plus a free kinnect 2 (the playstation camera has to be purchased at extra cost and is nowhere near as advanced as the kinnect 2 in terms of depth etc..)

IMO microsoft have managed to pull it back, there's nothing that the PS4 can offer that betters the One in any way

Agree with the hacking though pellowe, should be an insta lifetime ban on that gold account
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 08:30 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Fact of the matter is now, the PS4 is literally just a PS3 with a slightly bigger HDD and a bit better graphics, you've even gotta pay for the online features now too (yeah ok.. you get some free games, but live with gold on xbox now gives away 2 free full game titles every month)... for £100 more you can get an xbox one which functions as an xbox, dvr, pc and all three at the same time, plus a free kinnect 2 (the playstation camera has to be purchased at extra cost and is nowhere near as advanced as the kinnect 2 in terms of depth etc..)

IMO microsoft have managed to pull it back, there's nothing that the PS4 can offer that betters the One in any way

Agree with the hacking though pellowe, should be an insta lifetime ban on that gold account

Not on that Gold account, that would just lead to more accounts. They should ban the game licenses.. ie. you can't play that game any more online on that xbox. Ever. Yeah people will bitch at losing £50 on their new CoD game but at the end of the day the online service is a privilege, not a right. Abuse it and lose it.
Thanks given by:
Think about it though, on games where leaderboards matter (online multiplayer) if the live account is banned perm then they'll only be able to use that game offline where the hacking doesn't matter or have to start from scratch with a new profile and then pay £40 for live for the year, then they'll get banned again if caught hacking etc.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 08:44 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Think about it though, on games where leaderboards matter (online multiplayer) if the live account is banned perm then they'll only be able to use that game offline where the hacking doesn't matter or have to start from scratch with a new profile and then pay £40 for live for the year, then they'll get banned again if caught hacking etc.

Yep, but if the license is banned completely it'll teach a much harder lesson. Hack offline all you want, but hack online and bye bye game.

Should stop a lot of whiney bitches online. Saying that, the retarded 12 year olds think ANYONE is a hacker if they get beat at anything. I remember constantly knifing someone on CoD and getting accused of it... no, you just dont check your corners. Retard.
Thanks given by:
They'd only be able to ban the game licences on games that have been downloaded though, they wouldn't be able to ban a disc :/

Completely agree with the whiney little bitches! like 11 years old, not even old enough to play CoD but plays for like 15 hours a day and then sends you a message like "you're a motherfucker i'm going to kill you and steal your mum bla bla bla bla bla" when you're genuinly more skilled than they are hahaha
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 08:57 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: They'd only be able to ban the game licences on games that have been downloaded though, they wouldn't be able to ban a disc :/

Completely agree with the whiney little bitches! like 11 years old, not even old enough to play CoD but plays for like 15 hours a day and then sends you a message like "you're a motherfucker i'm going to kill you and steal your mum bla bla bla bla bla" when you're genuinly more skilled than they are hahaha

I know lmao

Honestly if they used that language face to face in a real life situation they'd be arrested for verbal assault. It's outrageous the stuff they come out with!
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 08:30 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Fact of the matter is now, the PS4 is literally just a PS3 with a slightly bigger HDD and a bit better graphics, you've even gotta pay for the online features now too (yeah ok.. you get some free games, but live with gold on xbox now gives away 2 free full game titles every month)... for £100 more you can get an xbox one which functions as an xbox, dvr, pc and all three at the same time, plus a free kinnect 2 (the playstation camera has to be purchased at extra cost and is nowhere near as advanced as the kinnect 2 in terms of depth etc..)

I wouldnt say the kinetic 2 is free if anything its £80 as thats the difference between the consoles prices as the ps4 doesnt come with a camera. Its also £80 that micosoft is pushing on you seeing as the xbox one wont function without it. Im sure they could of easily made it optional and released the console as the same price as the ps4 which would of made the xbox alot more appealing in my eyes.
Thanks given by:
[Image: j8pj88.jpg]

^Yeah standard.

To be fair never have I played a game and been affected by hacking. Up to them if they want to cheat and not actually play the game.

Anyways... I do hope all this is true, because if Microsoft are actually going to do this then I'll be round all you PS bitchachos houses taking a poo through your letterbox because the Xbox will again be the superior machine!
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 12:16 PM)Andy Wrote: [Image: j8pj88.jpg]

Gamerscore: 335

Good work little child. Don't you accrue like 300 Gamer Points just for, y'know, starting the first level of a lot of games?
Thanks given by:
I don't have much G either as I play online, don't get much if you don't do stories lol

Most I've got recently is from State of Decay. But I can't play now, as Microsoft have decided I have to log in and I can't remember the details for my secondary account I play everything on. Password reset only seems to work for my main account, not happy!
Thanks given by:
Already been confirmed 100% officially on the xbox facebook page Andy Smile

"We at Xbox love games. More importantly, we at Xbox love gamers. Today we announced changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, loan and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Also, an internet connection won’t be required to play offline Xbox One games. We look forward to gaming with you for years to come."

Already has 120,000 likes within 15 hours and almost 50,000 comments
Thanks given by:
Hell yeeeyyaaaahhh.

FYC's PS gays!

/feelsarestrong
Thanks given by: