Best Diesel option

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Diesel option
Hello everyone

Newbie in the house!

Need some advice, got a 306 GTI at the moment, but need a diesel for work what would be best option for good speed but gives decent economy for around £3-£4K?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing with that budget you aren't looking at a 306?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I think I need something a bit newer, also needs to be 5 door. Still keeping the GTI for the weekends though.
Thanks given by:
Diesel civic
Thanks given by:
one of mates has the type-r don't really like them.
Thanks given by:
fiesta tdci 1.6 £30 road tax and with some tuning go to ~120bhp or 307 1.6 hdi if you want to stay French/bigger car
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
been looking at the 307's, 2.0 hdi looks good. If I go for slightly higher mileage is within my budget.
Thanks given by:
51 or 02 plate 306 HDi estate with a remap then spend the extra money on keeping the 6 as a weekend car.
Thanks given by:
don't know much about remaps, can you point me in direction of any goods companies near surrey? How much can they add?
Thanks given by:
If it was my money, I'd put it towards one of the newer Kia's. They nicked a load of top people from the big car makers. Decent cars nowadays and you can't go wrong with the 7 year warranty. They do even the same on some of their used cars.Wink
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2013, 02:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: 51 or 02 plate 306 HDi estate with a remap then spend the extra money on keeping the 6 as a weekend car.

Yeah this Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
probably too much for my budget though
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2013, 02:43 PM)Pug306atv Wrote: don't know much about remaps, can you point me in direction of any goods companies near surrey? How much can they add?

your best bet is to buy a remap from a reputable seller for about £80 and upload it yourself.

Either
Mr Whippy ( http://www.gowhippy.com )
Pro Steve ( http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk )
or TB205GTi

Who are all members here. Personally id go with TB205GTi.

Anyway once youve got a map get a lap top and a KWP2000 from ebay for about £30 and use that to upload this to your car or someone here will upload for a few beer tokens. Poodle is probably the closest one I know has the correct bits.

A stage 1 remap will give you standard reliability better fuel economy and 120-130bhp

If you fit an intercooler then a stage 2 map will give you 150+ bhp
Thanks given by:
Code:
I think I need something a bit newer

Is that for image/company requirements?

Worth remembering that newer these days = more going wrong and more expensive to fix

Dead reliable and dirt cheap to run probably doesn't get any better than a 106 1.5D.
Surprisingly nippy for what is under the bonnet as well.
Thanks given by:
Im with chris (dum-dum)

Iv got a weekend gti6 and run a stage 1 hdi estate day today. Top spec, good fuel, quick when it needs to be. Looks good. Dosnt look to old. Comfortable. And nice inside. And as i already know my way around a 306 i can fix it myself for next to nothing

pick a real goodun up for £1500 then thats lots of extra monies for shinys on.the gti

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Thanks Dum-Dum I'll check them out.

I was thinking newer more for reliability but reading on the forum it might be better to stick to older..
Thanks given by:
Dturbo Wink
Thanks given by:
XUD/HDi's are easily fast enough and economical enough for work horses. Spend the rest on the '6
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by: