2006 fiesta ST

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 fiesta ST
Right guys an girls been up or sale for a while at 4500 but it has developed a second gear crunch not sure if it's the synchro or the linkage lost patience with it and have the opportunity to buy somethig classic so I'm taking a 1500 quid loss just to get rid :-(

Info ;
Colour is blue it has 50k miles and a full dealer history bar the last 10k miles where I've done the service myself has a cat back exhaust system which pops nicely On the overrun paintwork is in good condition few little marks mainly on the bonnet ( stone chips ) only had two owners my dad and myself well looked after will have 12 month MOT and 6 months tax an absolute bargain at 3000 pounds for someone who has to spend only 500 max on a new gearbox if that's the issue pm me or call on 07854252473 If any interest car is located in Plymouth Devon cheers Ali        

Thanks given by:
Bump !
Thanks given by:
Cheap! I really wasnt a fan of this model of fiesta. We had a few at my old company and they were constantly just falling apart.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Mines been good to me :-) nothing gone wrong up until second gear
Thanks given by:
These do drive very well, i've owned a couple mk6.5 Fiestas, my wife still owns one. They handle nicely and the ST engine is a good Mazda unit, and very comfy seats!

GLWTS
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
^^^^^ all of this is true but let Down by basically a 20 year old gearbox that can't handle the power :-(
Thanks given by:
TBH I have never heard of gearbox problems with these, seeing as people supercharge these to over 300hp.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Really lol it's a very common problem the ib5 box is shite and I will
Put money people running that power would have an ib5+ box and a LSD to avoid the natoriously bad gearbox nearly all fezzes have a savage reverse gear they crunch it take a few attempt to engage second gear is just as bad its a very weak box on the enduratec
Thanks given by:
Reverse gear is always a problem on Ford boxes lol
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
That's cos they are all a Variant of the ib5 lol iirc every box from the xr2 onwards has been a variant of the ib5 in fords
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2013, 08:58 PM)Ricky Wrote: Reverse gear is always a problem on Ford boxes lol

This, so much
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Bump. still for sale will take 2700 :-( gutting
Thanks given by:
woh.

bargain price. epic car.

true though that the box is useless. they do tune to 300bhp...but the boxes get changed/upgraded as they cant handle it.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's a shame just been sat for two weeks now I just don't drive it at all any more :-( sad just need it gone someone will get the bargain of the century all they need to do is recon the box for 400 quid or so :-)
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt bother recon'....just find a low millage one for £100 on the bay

jobs a goodun. Shove a decent clutch in at the same time. Derestrict the exhaust downpipe elbow and midbox and put a 2.3 TB on it and hey presto... 175bhp pocket rocket
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
^^^^^^ someone buy this car !!!!!
Thanks given by:
damn. If this was 18months ago. I would bite ya hand off. SOMEONE BUY IT!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Bump ...... Again
Thanks given by:
Ok so finally did some looking into this as valve stem seals have gone which starved the engine of oil so it wasn't getting to the timing chain and the timing chain has worn the plastic guides which is causing the knocking I've lost interest in this car completely now which is sad :-( so I'm willing to do a swap on it with any modified hdi preferably low ish miles and stage 1 if poss or ill take 2000 as is :-( which pains me runs and drives just needs the oil draining and filled to proper level pm me any interest located near Plymouth Devon
Thanks given by:
Hang on you wanted £1500 with a fcked box

Box has been Changed? Now engines shagged and you want £2000 or am I missing something
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Yea lol I said I'm making. 1500 quid loss
Thanks given by:
Just get it fixed and sold on?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I don't wanna pay anyone to do the work :-( I don't know these cars so don't wanna do it myself, all my time is being taken up by my mk2 jetta project so this is just sat its taken me months to even find out what's up with it
Thanks given by:
What a bargain still....
Strip engine out, rebuild and turbo while at it...end up with a 250bhp beast for under 5k
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If this isn't gone by July I WILL lower the price again :-(
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2008 Mk6 Facelift Ford Fiesta ST150 Toms306 10 3,671 10-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  FOR SALE: Fiat Grande Punto 2006 1.9 multijet turbo diesel Carlos182 4 2,455 09-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Carlos182
  FOR SALE: 2007 Fiesta ct-hdi 0 951 11-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi