Sub/amp wiring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sub/amp wiring
Where does everybody put there power cable for the sub/amp coming off the battery.

I know there's one on the drivers side above the master cylinder but my cable isn't long enough to reach to drivers side then back to passenger side to the sub.

Is there a grommet on the passenger side in the firewall?
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Drill a hole from footwell to bay. Jobbodged
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 08:37 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Drill a hole from footwell to bay. Jobbodged

Guess so. Ha. I've got 9 de whispering grommets left so could drill a hole in that and push the wire through.

Do you know of there is already a grommet there though?
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeh if you want; power cables tend to be fairly large, and fill the hole quite nicely.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Under the car and up through the boot vent. Job done.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 08:47 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Yeh if you want; power cables tend to be fairly large, and fill the hole quite nicely.

Ok thanks ill do that tomorrow.

(30-05-2013, 08:49 PM)Niall Wrote: Under the car and up through the boot vent. Job done.

O ye forgot about those bung/grommets in the boot floor
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 08:49 PM)Niall Wrote: Under the car and up through the boot vent. Job done.

as captain crayola said and zip tie it to the brake pipes
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Or run power down drivers side and signal down passenger side?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2013, 12:08 PM)Tom Wrote: Or run power down drivers side and signal down passenger side?

My power cable isn't long enough to go from battery to drivers then to boot and back to passenger side. I've only got about a foot running it from battery to boot and I've temporally put it through passenger wing then through door rubber and into the boot. It's not even under the carpet. Proper bodge job. Thing ill run it under the car up to the boot
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
That must be a short ass cable then! All wiring kits i've used have always made it to the boot of the 306 with plenty left at the other end. Have you cut some off it for any reason or did it come like that? I always thought they were mostly the same lengths :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2013, 01:52 PM)Tom Wrote: That must be a short ass cable then! All wiring kits i've used have always made it to the boot of the 306 with plenty left at the other end. Have you cut some off it for any reason or did it come like that? I always thought they were mostly the same lengths :/

I haven't cut any off. I've put it under the car now and there's about a foot or two of cable so wouldn't of made it on the drivers side.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by: