Hello from Chester

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Chester
Morning all, currently own two 306s, an n/a XUD hatchback and a DW8 engine estate.

Got the hatch off eBay about 16 months ago with a fair bit of MOT and a few weeks tax for £205. Quite happy with that because not only has it got 205GTi 1.9 alloys which were wearing near brand new tyres, but it also has a Bosch pump, and we all know what that means, don't we?Rofl
It looks horrible and has myriad piddly faults but I love it and have been all over the place in it!

The other is an estate with a DW8 lump, also runs on veg but doesn't seem as happy on it as the XUD. Bargain buy from someone on another forum (£100 with a fair bit of MOT) but being a Peugeot it's done Peugeot things such as tried to eat the central locking and electric front window wiring (now sorted by my son after I found the car had 'done a BX' where the wiring goes through the driver's door) and we have had to replace the clutch which shat itself about 1/2 mile from my house one day!
Also (as Peugeots) do it doesn't want all the doors to open with the central locking but can live with that for now.

The estate I got because it was cheap and because I collect (and sometimes sell) old cycles so it's handy because I can get three on the roof, three on the rear rack and two or three inside the car. I'm toying with getting a Berlingo van though (it'll have to have an XUD engine) though so it'll probably be sold at some point.

Anyhow that's enough from me rattling on, off to have a look round this forum now, it seems great!
Thanks given by:
Hello! I have been driving through Chester every day for the past half year! I work in Saltney. Not a cherry red dturbo with speed holes and yellow and black tape is it? Seen that one about!
Thanks given by:
Not me chief, mine's the disgusting snot green hatch back that will undoubtably smell of veg oil. It's a bit like a sort of mobile fly paper too on account of the fact I couldn't be arsed to wash off the bits that dribbled down by the fuel cap.

[Image: 8684513122_eda256371e.jpg]

[Image: 8627260240_a94d4f3e60.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome Big Grin im not far from chester myself, live in winsfors but the other half lives in ellesmere port Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ellesmere port D: haha

I might have seen that once! Seeing a 306 on the wrong wheels does ring a bell!
Thanks given by:
Welcome. I'm from wrexham/Flintshire area only about 10miles from the Center of Chester.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Nice to see that there is some other 306'ers living near me Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2013, 11:01 PM)MartinL Wrote: Nice to see that there is some other 306'ers living near me Big Grin

I was surprised as well there are 2 other people I know of in wrexham on here. Londondan86 and Welshy_Pete
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2013, 11:05 PM)Aaron _d95 Wrote:
(28-05-2013, 11:01 PM)MartinL Wrote: Nice to see that there is some other 306'ers living near me Big Grin

I was surprised as well there are 2 other people I know of in wrexham on here. Londondan86 and Welshy_Pete

Goood Big Grin more the better!
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile ... i live in hawarden ... ( near queensferry ) sure ive seen this nocking about as im in saltney near enough every day... see a red estate all the time too pretty sure its srowell can never remember the reg tho haha..
Thanks given by:
Thanks folks.
I was going to take the hatch for near 600 mile round trip, but decided on the 406 (2.0) petrol I have instead as it's miles faster, though sh*t loads more expensive to run.
The estate was having a new clutch in the picture above, my lad is a fully trained mechanic so we did it together and it was of course a massive improvement.
I came close to buying a Bosch pumped TD recently but the owner got greedy after we'd agreed a price, so I didn't buy it on principle because of that. I'd love to convert my hatch to a turbo (or the estate) but finding the Holy Grail (Bosch pump) isn't going to be cheap, unless I strike lucky.
A 2.1 conversion could be a laugh I suppose, and from reading a little on here it doesn't seem desperately difficult, but again sourcing an engine may be an expensive affair. I think in both cases (1.9 or 2.1) I'll try and buy a complete spares or repair car as I can try it out that way and it'll work out cheaper as I'll weigh the rest in when done.
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2013, 09:50 AM)joelww Wrote: Welcome Smile ... i live in hawarden ... ( near queensferry ) sure ive seen this nocking about as im in saltney near enough every day... see a red estate all the time too pretty sure its srowell can never remember the reg tho haha..

Yeh thats me! cant believe everyone has seen me but I havent seen them D:
Thanks given by:
Popular guy Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Does anyone from here drive a really tidy metallic green estate with a bonnet bra? Saw one yesterday near Ellesmere Port that was obviously owned by an enthusiast as it was really smart.
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 04:56 AM)Cav306 Wrote: Does anyone from here drive a really tidy metallic green estate with a bonnet bra? Saw one yesterday near Ellesmere Port that was obviously owned by an enthusiast as it was really smart.

Ive seen it around before but dont know who owns it, it is tidy thoughh
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Hi mate, Went to Chester once... nice place
Thanks given by:
Cheers. Bits of it are ok, but some of it isn't quite as posh as some people think!
Thanks given by:
Ehup..Only down the road in sunny Crewe
Thanks given by: