Scarborough meet - *cancelled*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scarborough meet - *cancelled*
(25-05-2013, 05:36 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(25-05-2013, 04:48 PM)Dave26 Wrote:
(25-05-2013, 02:57 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I'll see if your still allowed to come after tomorrow lol

You going?

Hehe, think we'll do your lot tomorrow! Nah I'm not, point of principle with the whole idea of the "magic" weekend, but I won't go into that here haha!

Well, your in form and were not, but we've had it over you a few times recently. Could go either way, lucks on your side with Peacock and Ablett injured...

I think we'll edge it but could go either way, doesn't seem to matter who's in form when we play you men. It'll be a cracker either way, have a good day!
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Aye I will, you watching on telly? Glad you signed up on here, finally got some RL banter!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2013, 07:40 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Aye I will, you watching on telly? Glad you signed up on here, finally got some RL banter!

Yeah, now I'm living in Yorkshire I hope even more that we beat you lot Wink
Thanks given by:
You may well beat us now, I'm not gonna rule it out, but you won't beat us in the playoffs mate Wink
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2013, 09:13 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: You may well beat us now, I'm not gonna rule it out, but you won't beat us in the playoffs mate Wink

I think it'll be a Wigan vs Leeds final this year!
Thanks given by:
It's be nice for a change, bored of beating saints lol
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2013, 09:52 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: It's be nice for a change, bored of beating saints lol

That's something I could never get bored of!
Thanks given by:
F*ck.
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2013, 08:39 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: F*ck.

GET IN! Sir Kev missing again, can only imagine his golden boot is weighing him down! Hope you had a good day bar the result mate.
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2013, 09:46 PM)Dave26 Wrote:

GET IN! Sir Kev missing again, can only imagine his golden boot is weighing him down! Hope you had a good day bar the result mate.

To be fair mate, Sinfield scored a try and kept you guessing with his kicking game all the way through, and as for McGuires try, you really gonna tell me there was an intentional obstruction there? Typical shite refereeing, like when you got that penalty for Bailey not playing the ball correctly that led to a try when Mossop was obstructing. Silverwood missed that obstruction eh?

Partisan banter aside though, it was a great day, sunny and hot, busy enough to have a good atmosphere but quiet enough to be able to get a pint and get back to your seat in a couple of minutes, and all 3 games were great to watch Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2013, 11:10 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(26-05-2013, 09:46 PM)Dave26 Wrote:

To be fair mate, Sinfield scored a try and kept you guessing with his kicking game all the way through, and as for McGuires try, you really gonna tell me there was an intentional obstruction there? Typical shite refereeing, like when you got that penalty for Bailey not playing the ball correctly that led to a try when Mossop was obstructing. Silverwood missed that obstruction eh?

Partisan banter aside though, it was a great day, sunny and hot, busy enough to have a good atmosphere but quiet enough to be able to get a pint and get back to your seat in a couple of minutes, and all 3 games were great to watch Smile

Sinfield was poor imo, gave us that try at half time, 90% of the time he kicked down Tomkins throat and he took 2 when 6-0 down which showed a real negative attitude at that point in the game.
Bailey moved 2 meters off the mark whilst pushing the marker, also took out Logan off the ball giving us 2 points. I like him as you know but he let you down yesterday! The obstruction I thought was harsh, although by the rules it was the correct decision, it's a bloody stupid rule. Saying that we got done for a late hit on the kicker towards the end, it was never a penalty, the man was committed and could never have pulled out of the challenge. They need to go back to basics before they ruin the sport. We really shouldn't be caught now for the league leaders shield.

Glad you had a good day, not bad weather either eh?!
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2013, 11:58 AM)Dave26 Wrote: They need to go back to basics before they ruin the sport. We really shouldn't be caught now for the league leaders shield.

Your right about the rules, refereeing has become too inconsistent due to all the rule changes. Might be time we tried having 2 on-field officials like the NRL, do you watch it? I'm a Roosters fan on the side since Morley went there, and that kid of shit refereeing just doesn't happen down there.

As for the league leaders shield, if we win our games in hand were only 4 points behind you, and that's nothing at this stage of the season. In 2004 we were 6 points behind Bradford by the May bank holiday games and ended up winning the shield by 9 points. We've hit a bad run of form but I reckon you will too, remember we've got 4 of our best out injured (Jones-Bishop, Peacock, Ablett and Delaney), we had a teenager who's made 1 sub appearance starting at LF yesterday. It's your back 3, there's so much speed and try scoring ability in Richards, Charnley and Tomkins, if you lose 1 of them you'll struggle. Same if you lose O'Loughlin, you'll struggle for experience and leadership. You haven't won it yet mate! Wink

Edit: I reckon we should start another thread for this btw lol
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2013, 02:23 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(27-05-2013, 11:58 AM)Dave26 Wrote: They need to go back to basics before they ruin the sport. We really shouldn't be caught now for the league leaders shield.

Your right about the rules, refereeing has become too inconsistent due to all the rule changes. Might be time we tried having 2 on-field officials like the NRL, do you watch it? I'm a Roosters fan on the side since Morley went there, and that kid of shit refereeing just doesn't happen down there.

As for the league leaders shield, if we win our games in hand were only 4 points behind you, and that's nothing at this stage of the season. In 2004 we were 6 points behind Bradford by the May bank holiday games and ended up winning the shield by 9 points. We've hit a bad run of form but I reckon you will too, remember we've got 4 of our best out injured (Jones-Bishop, Peacock, Ablett and Delaney), we had a teenager who's made 1 sub appearance starting at LF yesterday. It's your back 3, there's so much speed and try scoring ability in Richards, Charnley and Tomkins, if you lose 1 of them you'll struggle. Same if you lose O'Loughlin, you'll struggle for experience and leadership. You haven't won it yet mate! Wink

Edit: I reckon we should start another thread for this btw lol

Oh I know, but on the other hand we had Green out yesterday, that guy is quality. We've had literally half our forwards injured for a large portion of the season and if I hope it doesn't happen then the rest will stay fit Wink I still maintain I'm happy for every player in the squad to miss a few games through injury between now and the playoffs, means or a change we'll be fresh in the playoffs! Get a thread started mate, we can rant away then!
Thanks given by:
I started a rugby league thread ages back but no bugger commented, I'll dig it up and we can use that lol

Edit: Bumped it, it's in the couch.
Thanks given by:
Any more for this now we've stopped going on about RL? lol
Thanks given by:
A possible from me!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Olivers Mount can be seen in this video. TMI

Could be up for this as i spend most weekends at the East Coast.
Thanks given by:
Im still good for this, kinda excited now. Could do with booking the day after off work too mind cos im supposed to be early shift
Thanks given by:
I'm still in as well Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm still up for it Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
its a possibility I might be up for this.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im up for it just need to make sure i can have the day off from work
Thanks given by:
The 24th of August is my 21st birthday Big Grin. Would be sweet to make it to this Big Grin
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Also still up for this although wont be in the 306, but will be bringing the 309 trailer!
Thanks given by:
Anything sorted regarding camp sites? It is a busy time of year
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Myself and my other half (LolSteve) are looking into coming to this... Any Ideas on times and which day the Specific events will be happening as its likely we wont be able to camp over but we still wanna make it for the actual Car shtuff! Also have to be back in Le Doncaster for 8pm on the Saturday.
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Yeah bear in mind with organising times that I might well be driving up from here and back all in one day so dont make the start time too late.
Thanks given by:
Rude not to
[Image: VcvTtst.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Should be a good one this. I know some great roads over there, up the coast to Whitby, then over the moors to Pickering then back to Scarborough is a good drive...
Thanks given by:
Tbh im just looking forward to a few laps of olivers mount
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scarborough Summer Daze 2nd July 2016 P-Courty 0 1,897 20-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Last Post: P-Courty
Thumbs Up April Camping Meet - CANCELLED THE_Liam 33 6,990 17-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
Wink Retro Rides South Yorkshire - PERMANENTLY CANCELLED THE_Liam 154 26,252 28-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Last Post: karl1989