running a semi ecu bosch pump without the ecu??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
running a semi ecu bosch pump without the ecu??
Rainbow 
im putting a 406 1.9xud into my 306, i didnt realise the fuel pump was semi ecu. is it possible to run the pump without the ecu? iv read that its possible to do but difficult, does anyone know how its done?? Huh

inb4 just get a mech pump..
Thanks given by:
It should work, but you won't have the dynamic advance function iirc...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2013, 08:45 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: It should work, but you won't have the dynamic advance function iirc...

will the car run ok without it? :? whats the purpose of the dynamic advance function?
Thanks given by:
It controls what stage of the combustion process the fuel is injected at. I'd just get a manual pump mate Wink
Thanks given by:
It will run, but thats about it, smoke up high / gutless as frig, unless you run tonnes of static, in which case itl sound like a tank, in other words, dont bother!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2013, 08:59 PM)vee-dubber Wrote:
(22-05-2013, 08:45 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: It should work, but you won't have the dynamic advance function iirc...

will the car run ok without it? :? whats the purpose of the dynamic advance function?

where would the best place to get one? scrap yard or just buy a donor? also what cars should i be looking out for that the pump came on?
Thanks given by:
I could sell you one?
Thanks given by:
Here's what one sounds like without the ECU

I should know, that's one I'm somewhat assembling Smile
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'v decided to run with the semi-ecu pump with the ecu, I'v got the ecu and the plug, so all i need to do now is fathom out the loom :? took off the gearbox today, release bearing slipped past the fork,,, heard a loud clang when i pried the gearbox off, does the release bearing go in the pressure plate or is it just left outside it? is that why some peugeots have heavy clutches cos people havent put them back together properly before?
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2013, 11:33 PM)vee-dubber Wrote: I'v decided to run with the semi-ecu pump with the ecu, I'v got the ecu and the plug, so all i need to do now is fathom out the loom :? took off the gearbox today, release bearing slipped past the fork,,, heard a loud clang when i pried the gearbox off, does the release bearing go in the pressure plate or is it just left outside it? is that why some peugeots have heavy clutches cos people havent put them back together properly before?

Save yourself the hassle and get a 306 pump. Don't faff about with semi-ecu!

Forks go behind the bearing, rotate them back in when the box goes back. XUD clutches are naturally heavier due to the pull type effort
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,452 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,995 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby