Sony XPlod XS-L121P5 12" Subwoofer in Sealed Box

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony XPlod XS-L121P5 12" Subwoofer in Sealed Box
3rd part of my Audio sale lol, my 12 Inch Sony Subwoofer; Specs here:

Sony's imaginative "pentagonal" woofer brings big bass output to your sound system. Its five-sided design controls standing waves that can detract from sound quality. Plus, the polypropylene cone is more rigid, so it can handle serious bass without losing its shape.

This sharp-looking sub features a longer, four-layer, edge-wound voice coil for improved power handling. An all-aluminum voice coil former controls distortion by dissipating heat, while the triple-layered spider provides excellent cone suspension.

The XS-L121P5 12" subwoofer handles up to 350 watts RMS, and works well in sealed or ported enclosures.
Details:

five-sided polypropylene cone
rubber surround
frequency response 18-2,000 Hz
power range 90-350 watts RMS
peak power handling 1200 watts
sensitivity 89 dB

------------------

P5 Cone Design: This woofer has a five-sided polypropylene cone. This design stiffens the cone, resulting in lower distortion and higher power handling.

Foamed Rubber Surround: The foamed rubber surround provides high power handling, enhanced cone control and flexibility. "Hash Marks" in the surround provide added stability.

P5 Center Cap: The five-sided dust cap adds strength to the cone assembly.

Inner Cap: The inner cap at the top of the voice coil former stabilizes the former's "roundness" and strengthens the connection between the cone and the former.

Dual Dampers: Three-layer woven dampers provide enhanced cone control and have the lead wires woven in to prevent shorting to the frame.

Four-layer Voice Coil: The four-layer, edge-wound voice coil provides plenty of copper to pass the current necessary for high power reliability.

Binding Posts: The gold-plated binding posts will accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade lugs and banana plugs. The binding posts are spaced too far apart to accept dual banana plugs.

Enclosure Compatibility: This woofer can provide extended bass in sealed and ported enclosures (please see the "Enclosure Compatibility" section for more information on the recommended enclosures).

Enclosure Compatibility

Recommended Sealed Box Volume: Sony recommends mounting this woofer in a sealed enclosure with an internal volume of 1.0 cu/ft.

...All I can say is it's a brilliant Sub if you want Low Frequency Bass with mid-range Punch as well. I've had kickers etc and while they are better, this Sony one is still decent for what it is, and it does sound and feel good having been put in a sealed enclosure by the previous owner.

Bad bits:

The previous owner left some shallow holes in the back of the Enclosure. I only found out after loosening some small screws which were put it, but they're pointless as the holes aren't leaking air as they're shallow but I've left them in there anyways as n one will notice once the sub is positioned in the car boot.

Looking for £35 which, looking on ebay, seems a reasonable price.

Tel/Text: 07930 253 948
Email: incautious@hotmail.co.uk
Or, PM me Smile

- Harry

Pics Below:

[Image: 170520132625_zpsa5e7cf96.jpg]

[Image: 170520132627_zpsaa611f77.jpg]

[Image: 170520132628_zps62630cc7.jpg]

If my Sub / Amp / Head Unit are bought together I'll knock some money off... Smile
Thanks given by:
Just got an email from here saying you want to have this matt...
Thanks given by:
SOLD...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sony CDX GT929U CD/MP3 Player with USB Tom85 6 1,756 03-07-2016, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Tom85
  Sony CDX S2050 Headunit Toms306 1 1,163 01-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Sony head unit speakers Teddy 0 805 23-03-2016, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Teddy