Rear light change.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear light change.
Picked up a set of rear lights at the weekend. When I came to fit the I found the loom layout is slightly different, in that the original set has two plugs and the new lights have just one plug type and two separate cables.

Two questions 1st what do the 2 wires illuminate I got every thing else fitted and all the light seemed to work so cant figure what theyre purpose is.

2nd is it just a case of getting a couple of adaptors or soldering the in?
Thanks given by:
Are you going from p1 to p2/3? If so there's a guide up in the guide section I think
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Thanks must have missed that. Its just the spare two wires on the near side light. Ill have a look at the guid and play with them at the weekend see if I can get to the bottom of it
[Image: 2jcaw6b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The 2 spare wires are for the number plate lights bud
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
the wiring diagram in the guides section isnt perfect, i wouldnt advise cutting any pugs off unless your fairly confidednt with automotive electronics
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
The OP has a HDi, so what lights are you changing to? Not Lexus lights I hope....
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2013, 04:45 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The OP has a HDi, so what lights are you changing to? Not Lexus lights I hope....

Well spotted Tom. Lexus lights need to die by fire
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Ill get some pgotos up when I get a moment. They were a car boot bargin, but would be good to find out a bit more
[Image: 2jcaw6b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you going from phase 1 to 2/3 you can just use Lexus looms in the phase 3 light shells. I will be selling mine soon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phase 1/2 rear light wiring diagrams. ADV_93 1 1,377 04-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Phase 1 rear light wiring PartyJas 1 821 10-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Rear light cluster Aaron _d95 4 1,758 23-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Aaron _d95