lets race!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lets race!
I bought my gti6 back in February and its been cammed and as far as I know that's it. a friend has just bought a accord type r and thinks there's not even a chance or me but I think differently what does people think? also I've been feeling its slightly down on power in the sense that in the rain it used to spin everywhere now, well not so much my cousin ha an xsi a few years ago and it was all over the road in the wet is it just me gettin used to the car or is it down on power? I mean realistically what should I be leaving behind? when I first bought it I left begin a new leon FR and old leon cupra now I don't even keep up with my bosses civic type r? is that about right? all I have done is changed the induction pipe because the old one was pressed up against the abs pump so I put a longer pipe on and pointed it to the ground an replaced the exhaust with a sportex sport system (with centre silencer but no cat)
Thanks given by:
Last time it had a service?? Mileage, sounds daft but a full service can help loads
Thanks given by:
sounds like you need to learn to drive a little better if your spinning it up in the wet all the time .

but yeah i can sit on the ass of a EP civic all day long without cams

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 05:37 PM)puglove Wrote: but yeah i can sit on the ass of a EP civic all day long without cams

you get many civics passing through the confines of your garage walls then?
Thanks given by:
hmmmmm
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I do not understand your post. I suspect that it's because of your complete and utter lack of any meaningful punctuation. Please fix this. Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
that's just in a straight line It's spinning though! as soon as cams kicked in she was useless in the wet! I have gave it an oil and filter change a set of plugs and a fuel filter all good parts aswell the only thing I haven't changed is the air filter due to k&n an I've even gave that a clean with the proper stuff maybe a dyno test is next I thinks.

well dum dum others seem to understand? what would u like me to fix?
Thanks given by:
Popcorn

You must do a lot of track days to be racing all these cars.
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 05:39 PM)vlj Wrote:
(14-05-2013, 05:37 PM)puglove Wrote: but yeah i can sit on the ass of a EP civic all day long without cams

Rep coming.LOL
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
lol a race to the speed limit as always
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 05:47 PM)thomson Wrote: lol a race to the speed limit as always

Well in your race to the speed limit... in the wet.... try using better tyres and you won't spin up everywhere?
Thanks given by:
yeah tyres aren't the greatest but they are not the worst barum bravis 2 quite soft, but this is what I am trying to say it doesn't spin anymore it doesn't feel like it puts me back in my seat anymore
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 05:46 PM)Scott Wrote: Popcorn

You must do a lot of track days to be racing all these cars.

Misuse of popcorn smiley: -10!Doh
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Well I'd suggest getting it dyno'd if you really want to know... as asking what you should be "leaving behind" isn't really the way to do it. Mainly because it's stupid, but also because you don't know what other cars have had done to them, if the owner can drive or if they even know they're in a "race".

As for the spinning in the wet, get some decent tyres and learn to control the power so it doesn't spin.
Thanks given by:
A gti6 doesn't compare to an ep3 type R
Thanks given by:
You should be pretty even with the Accord especially if yours has been cammed.

Meh who doesn't have a little race against friends on public roads.... but yes I don't think you have worded your thread in the right way giving most the wrong impression of what your saying.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Barum bravis.

Oh

My

f*cking

God.

Go get some decent tyres, stop racing things the American way and go learn how to drive properly on a track.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
nice an friendly advice there thanks
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 05:39 PM)vlj Wrote:

youd be suprised!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
and as for my thread title it got your attention didn't it? I've posted before and got no replys so what's the thread title got to do with it if it gets answers to my questions?
Thanks given by:
Hahaha, good point!

But, threads about being a boy racer when most of the people here are frustrated at trying to shake that image... well you can see the outcome lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
this is true but then it's all about the fun in having a top trumps with your friends otherwise why waste money on a gti6? and I'm not a boy racer I've got 6 points on my licence and I can't afford anymore (non speedin offences btw lol) I bought my gti6 because its an icon and I've loved 306's since I could drive. what I don't want though is a car that I know is fast when I want it to be and isn't otherwise I wouldave bought a meridian phase 2 1.4 Lx
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
Cool story bro ThumbsUp
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
decent crack fella
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 08:16 PM)Just Sean Wrote: decent crack fella

Who's selling crack?!
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
i dunno, but id love some after the day ive had!

Are all WO1's lady gardens? Or just the one i had an arguement with?
Thanks given by:
Now now lads reading this it does seem some members are being a little harsh!

As said though tyres play a huge role in any kina of speed control and how many miles has your 6 done?
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 06:37 PM)Jimbo Wrote: A gti6 doesn't compare to an ep3 type R

It does, FWD, about a tonne and a quarter, best part of 200bhp screaming engine, compares quite well.

Anyway you should be able to keep up with a CTR but in reality it is the faster car.

No matter what anyone else here tells you the GTi6 just isn't that fast.
Thanks given by:
Dum has a point! Boosted diesel ftw!
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
kl well the point I was making was that I could have skateboard wheels on the car and it doesn't feel like it has the power to spin even them in the wet. I was trying to put a picture in people's head so they might have a better chance of understanding if I have lost power or not. I think I may have fixed the problem will find out tomorrow on te way to work. think it may have been the new plugs I had in it (Bosch super plus) I cleaned up the old ngkR plugs and it feels a bit better Big Grin

oh and the engine has done 105k has had an engine rebuild (that's when it got new cams) I wouldave put it down to the person who rebuilt the engine has missed something but it was fine before
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets hear your car! aaddzz123 24 2,503 27-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  its friday---lets go !! daddyfixit 22 2,226 22-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post: jamierichkelly@gmail.com