URGENT! Stuck on lowering!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT! Stuck on lowering!
So my car was lowered 3 nicks, dont like it so im bringing it up to 2 nicks, round 40mm whic i want. anyways got my antiroll bar out. on the left side of the car (looking from the back) i opened all the bits and got the washer out!! done the same at the right hand side but couldnt get the washer out! i dont mind lowering in nicks ( cause i only wanna go 40). even if im lowering it two nicks doest that washer have to come out and bout shock absorbers have to be opened? car is up on axle stands atm and i need it in the morning Tongue
[Image: DSC_0054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What washers are we talking about? The offset ones that go at the end of the TBs?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
There the ones!
Thanks given by:
If your doing it the Nick "notch" method just take shocks off at the bottom bolt, anti roll bar out nut off the end of torsion bar then smack the trailing arm off adjust to were you want (1 of the 4 notches) then push it in do same other side put it back together doesn't matter about the off set washer if doing it that way.

But becareful when knocking trailing arms off if your bearings are naffed then they will fall to bits when you take the arm off.

Thanks given by:
On the left hand side i have the trailing arm off. does the torsion bar have to be taken out to adjust it or how dya adjust it?
Thanks given by:
*sees nicks*
*suspects ireland*
*looks at profile*
*is irish! Am Correct*
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2013, 05:17 PM)SRowell Wrote: *sees nicks*
*suspects ireland*
*looks at profile*
*is irish! Am Correct*

hahaha fair point Tongue

Still confused aout how to adjust the torsion bar :/
Thanks given by:
*suspects ireland*
*looks at profile*
*is irish! Am Correct*

te he. repped.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2013, 06:07 PM)kingy Wrote:
*suspects ireland*
*looks at profile*
*is irish! Am Correct*

te he. repped.

Cut me some slack here Tongue least im not putting it down on its arse like most irish Tongue
Thanks given by:
think you need to get some pics up matey. lets have a look.
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2013, 05:17 PM)SRowell Wrote: *sees nicks* *sees felt spec on volcanes*
*suspects ireland*
*looks at profile*
*is irish! Am Correct*

EFA

ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Cant get that c**t of an offset washer out on the right hand side, can i do it properly without remoiving that?
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2013, 06:43 PM)Darren123 Wrote: Cant get that c**t of an offset washer out on the right hand side, can i do it properly without remoiving that?

welcome to the world of the 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2013, 06:45 PM)kingy Wrote:
(12-05-2013, 06:43 PM)Darren123 Wrote: Cant get that c**t of an offset washer out on the right hand side, can i do it properly without remoiving that?

welcome to the world of the 306.

hahaha sounnnnnd Tongue

Good news!! just got the washer out. Currently, both trailing arms are smashed out, both ends of the two torsion bars are loosened. Now what?
Thanks given by:
No not really. Is it still sat in the groove and wont come out of that or have you budged it but it just wont come forwards out of the hole? Tried some WD40 or plusgas to try and free it up? Also if you have a wire brush, give it all a good clean up and then try.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I don't get why you need to take the off set washer out if your doing it the Nick method when you get the arm off drop it down a bit then slot it back in on the next Nick so that lifts it up do the same the other side job done, no need to mess with the off set washer, you only need to take the washer out if your lowering it the right way with torsion bars out

Thanks given by:
So i had it all going well and then i couldnt get the other end of the torsion bar out so has to go down in nicks. Not bothered though cuz 2 nicks will suit me fine!! Put it all back together anyways, delighted with myself. Until i dropped it and realised i brought it up to standard by accident. FML!!!!! Now have a lovely sitting 306 at the front and a monster truck at the back Tongue
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with a bit 'o rake.
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2013, 07:03 PM)gretsch-drummer Wrote: Nothing wrong with a bit 'o rake.

Hahahah nothing right with it either Smile have it down 2 nicks now anyways Smile itll do for a while, perfect height imo Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  URGENT! anti roll bar stuck! philpemberton94 12 3,013 08-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard