Posts: 1
Threads: 1
Joined: May 2013
Ive got a 306 HDI (China Blue) and recently the door handle snapped, got a replacement one same colour on ebay, but realised cant fit it due to the fact the original was riveted on, so I have decided to try and locate drivers side door with handle but cannot seem to finds one, anyone have any ideas where can get one quickly? Thanks.
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
You can drill out the rivets to change the handle.
I can't help with sourcing doors though, just try local scrap yards but I guess you've already done that.
Posts: 775
Threads: 40
Joined: Feb 2013
Reputation:
1
Location: West Brom/Stourbridge
Car Model/Spec: 2.0Ltr HDI
You sell your doors and that then Tom?
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
Mine had a snapped handle.too lol. And no, after I couldn't give the other 3 away they ended up in a skip!
Posts: 8,749
Threads: 208
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
60
Location: Wiltshire
Car Model/Spec: ph2 Gti6 / ph4 HDI Estate
as tom said drill the rivits out then replace them with some m8 x25mm nut and bolts
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!