Help Please!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Please!!
My speedo is stuck and typically french blah blah.....i've taken them out and discovered that a fair few resistors are burn't out.

Now i'm just not sure wether to try and replace the resistors see if it works or get new clocks.

If i get new clocks i'm not sure if i'd just get the ph1 clocks or could have them from a different phase and how you get the mileage over. I've got a 97 ph1 gti6.

Just really stumped on what to do lol

My speedo is just stuck there and does little movements now and then..

Thanks given by:
need a new speedo really . not worth messing around with

only ph1 dials fit. ph2/3 requier a major major rewire

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Ive got a couple ph1 speedos out of S16s if there any good?
Thanks given by:
slow down a bit? 170 is a bit excessive even in a 6.

do you have a pic of the board and we can see if its worth repair?
Thanks given by:
Haha its fine no will notice i'm going that quick

I'll try and get a pic if i get time to take them out, cause they seem to be a bit more awkard in ph1 than ph2 n 3s

There were 3 resistors running on the side of the speedo, red ones with blue and white stripes. They were burn't out and another one on its own on the opposite side of the board burn't out same colour. I'll try and get a pic

But if s16 clocks will work, i'll take that and give that a go. How much are you wanting for them frosty??
Thanks given by:
You would have to find out if the speedo is electric or cable drive. I would guess electric. I have got 1 on 97k or 135k i think thats what they are but will check.

£25 posted due to the price of postage
Thanks given by:
Yeh its electric, i'll have the clock with 97k but i won't b able do anythin till friday, skint till then. I'll inbox you friday to sort it out if thats ok??
Thanks given by:
yeah no worries i will check my 1 is electric
Thanks given by: