Exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust
Does an exhaust have to have any flexibility in it?
The standard exhaust has a small amount where the front pipe meets the turbo but is it absolutely necessary?
Thanks given by:
Yes because the engine shakes on idle and rocks around when your on and off the power, so if it was solid you might snap your shit up!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
if you dont want to use the standard pug one however you can put a universal wire wound jobby in on the downpipe or around there..
Thanks given by:
Thats what i have on at present but i was just going to be lazy this time and fabricate up a solid pipe.
The standard one is too restrictive so il just just reuse the flexi pipe thats on the car at the minute.

Cheers lads
Thanks given by:
Mine is solid at the minute (giggidy) and it is not actually a pain to live with.

But yeah, needs a bit of flex in ideally.
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2013, 10:02 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: Mine is solid at the minute (giggidy) and it is not actually a pain to live with.

But yeah, needs a bit of flex in ideally.

LOL
The rubber hangers should offer a bit of flex ie the whole exhaust can move with the engine all the way back to the backbox?
Thanks given by:
If your making it yourself it cant be any hassle to just weld in a flexi and be done with it? They're like 10quid on ebay Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Nah its no hassle il probably salvage the flexi from the exhaust that is on at present.
I just wanted to be able to make the new exhaust without having to remove the old one until it was time to fit the new.... lazy lol
Thanks given by: