stage 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stage 1
Hi all.
I posted yesterday for first time. Perhaps you would like to know that i must be the oldest member on here at 62. I just love the 306 style and drive. For me the car looks great,and all i need to get from A to B. Not good news today though,n/s rear calliper seized and worn the pads to metal nearlly,anyone else had same probs? Ouch,£68 to repair. Maybe in the future i would do a stage 1,whats the gain in mpg and torque.
Not so happypug.Nospeak
Thanks given by:
Hello mate, what engine and model?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(01-05-2013, 06:07 PM)Anton Wrote: Hello mate, what engine and model?

Hi. It`s a 2.0hdi 90hp model 2001. lx estate
Cheers
Thanks given by:
Ok cool, a stage 1 is generally 120-130bhp. Where abouts are you?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(01-05-2013, 05:54 PM)happypug Wrote: Hi all.
I posted yesterday for first time. Perhaps you would like to know that i must be the oldest member on here at 62. I just love the 306 style and drive. For me the car looks great,and all i need to get from A to B. Not good news today though,n/s rear calliper seized and worn the pads to metal nearlly,anyone else had same probs? Ouch,£68 to repair. Maybe in the future i would do a stage 1,whats the gain in mpg and torque.
Not so happypug.Nospeak

I wouldnt say its a common problem but it is uncommon if that makes sence £68 isnt a bad price if thats parts a labour, obviously the cheapest option would be to run down the scrapper and grab another caliper with the pads and jam it on yourself being such a simple job then it would be like a sub £20 jobby,

as for stage 1 dosnt really effect the MPG unless your constantly giving it the lead foot around town all the time but even then it isnt a massive decrease in MPG,

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(01-05-2013, 07:25 PM)Anton Wrote: Ok cool, a stage 1 is generally 120-130bhp. Where abouts are you?

Hi again mate. I`m in welshpool mid wales,15mls from shrewsbury. Do you know of anyone in this area who could do it.
Cheers
Thanks given by:
Pro-Steve is in Bristol (google hdi tuning), or you could do it yourself if you got a kwp or galetto.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Dont most people claim an improvement in MPG with a stage 1? I know pro steve done an economy type map for someone on here, i doubt its power your after at 62! If it is then your a hero!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Are there much gains/differences between the remap and the tuning chip/box?

Price is a big difference so il being dragged towards a chip unless anyone know anybody who does a cheap remap.

I have a 1999 306 hdi.

And I'm from north east England, durham
Thanks given by:
Avoid chip boxes at all costs

They are crap and no good for the car. there is a reason there such a difference in price!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Hi there yes you beat me I am just a mere 56! And have had a whippy remap stage 1 and yes makes a nice difference more torque and broader rev range and still seems very economical I had 425kilos In The car and done 150 miles on £23
Thanks given by:
Yea Deffo keep away from them chips on ebay, they a load of rubbish. The stage 1 remap is not that more expensive and the gains you get is unbelievable. Made it feel like a new car again and that's with 160k on mine.
Thanks given by:
Stage 1 will give you more of everything... Im running a stage 3 hdi and my mpg doesnt seem to be affected, and i have a very heavy right foot!
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2013, 07:07 AM)Just Sean Wrote: Stage 1 will give you more of everything... Im running a stage 3 hdi and my mpg doesnt seem to be affected, and i have a very heavy right foot!

what mods have you got for your stage 3?
what clutch?
Thanks given by:
Hybrid turbo, fmic, clutch

A helix 4 paddle and uprated pressure plaste, unsprung.

Have got a R70 Fuel pump & low mileage injectors to fit, along with an 1800bar fps
Thanks given by: