Weird Fault after service!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Fault after service!!!
Right, just got my HDi serviced by the fella over the road.

Since the service, the engine light is on, the car is in limp mode, and when switching off the engine it keeps running for 2-3 seconds, even with the key out.

He swears he hasn't interrupted anything and has only changed the oil, fuel and air filters.

I'm guessing it'll need to be plugged in but it seems more than a little coincidental considering it's just been worked on.

Any advice would be HUGELY appreciated. Thanks, Dave.
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2013, 06:00 PM)PugLover1984 Wrote: Right, just got my HDi serviced by the fella over the road.

Since the service, the engine light is on, the car is in limp mode, and when switching off the engine it keeps running for 2-3 seconds, even with the key out.

He swears he hasn't interrupted anything and has only changed the oil, fuel and air filters.

I'm guessing it'll need to be plugged in but it seems more than a little coincidental considering it's just been worked on.

Any advice would be HUGELY appreciated. Thanks, Dave.

It's sorted now. Found air leak in the plastic fuel lines.
Thanks given by:
Glad you sorted it. Well done. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
have never had this problem with the 306 hdi but the wife's 206 hdi was a right bitch for it
i found a crack/split in the new large o-ring seal for the fuel filter cap put the old o-ring back on primed and it was good as new
Thanks given by:
I had the same issue. Most modern diesels prime themselves when a fuel filter is changed.... Not the HDI though!

After 5-6 times of switching ignition on to prime it went away.

The engine light should go out after 2-4 more starts.
Thanks given by: