3 door seats, 5 door car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 door seats, 5 door car
Anyone got any experience in getting 3 door seats to fit a 5 door? Is it simple to swap the subframes or is it a complete nightmare?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
matt cheese is the man to talk to on this subject ThumbsUp

requiers welding though

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Doesn't sound promising, don't want to lose my phase 1 '6 seats Sad
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
blah this question is being asked like 3 times a week now D: The subframes are different so needs welding.
Thanks given by:
May just sell the seats then.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
doesn't require welding . . .but i did have to retrim drivers seat, as the subframe wouldn't bolt up to the drivers side but it did on the passenger side with some grinding, the seats are different between phase 1 and 2 i believe . .i'll help you more tomorrow, i'm gonna bed now . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Nearly a bolt in bolt out job. You've one bit to cut off on the 3rd seats, but then you can just bolt the 5dr subframe to it, but it will leave the whole seat sitting about an inch higher, which is a lot.

That's what I did first time round, however I think the 5dr reclining mechanism is stronger, never seen one get wobbly yet, and so I went back and retrimed my orginals. Again, simple enough job, just a bit of a balls with lots of wire clips. And if you're going from pov spec seats to dturbo or gti seats you'll also need to weld in bolster supports.
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2013, 07:18 AM)Harky Wrote: Nearly a bolt in bolt out job. You've one bit to cut off on the 3rd seats, but then you can just bolt the 5dr subframe to it, but it will leave the whole seat sitting about an inch higher, which is a lot.

That's what I did first time round, however I think the 5dr reclining mechanism is stronger, never seen one get wobbly yet, and so I went back and retrimed my orginals. Again, simple enough job, just a bit of a balls with lots of wire clips. And if you're going from pov spec seats to dturbo or gti seats you'll also need to weld in bolster supports.

you can't bolt the 5dr subframe to 3dr S16 drivers seat . . .i speak from experience, the others you probably can but as you say, it leaves the seat an inch higher, ok for passenger seat but no way would you want it on the driver's side, best to re-trim that one at the least . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Think I may leave it and just sell the seats.

Just hate leaf pattern..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I put 5dr seats into a 3dr alright in a phase 2. Bolts to the floor in the 5dr both sides. But in the 3dr the outside bolts to the sides. just brought angle iron fron the oe runner out to to the sides. Sits an inch higher ( which does make a difference) but a lot comfier than my old seats.
[Image: DSC_0054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are seats from all phases interchangeable?

And how much for them if you do sell? Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sealing interior door panel Mighty306 4 1,920 25-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear passenger side door won't open DonGonzo 0 896 19-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: DonGonzo
  5 door phase 3 interior parts for sale Teeharv 1 2,118 15-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Teeharv