Help with bumper sagging!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with bumper sagging!
Well my rear bumper doesnt sit right and it really bothers me.. it seems solid in the position and even lifting the bumper with all ive got just lifts the car without even starting to close the gap... help???? Or is it a bodyshop job/cost? Sad

[Image: IMG_10501.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks like a perfectly normal 306 panel gap to me! If I was you I'd take the bumper off and see if any mount looks damaged or anything can be altered (can't remember whether the rear has the round adjustable mounts like the front)
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cable tie it tight? Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Its normal, they never fit once they've been taken off.

There is no white mounts like the front. It just relies on the bolts and that pin you can see in the pic, the black plastic one.

You might be able to make it better with a cable tie there though, I always meant to try it but never got round to it....
Thanks given by:
I managed a cable tie on the other side which had pulled it a tad, tried on this side but its made no difference
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 06:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Its normal, they never fit once they've been taken off.

God you talk so much shit tom its unreal!

Them little plastic clips are rubbish. Take them out, pop the rear arch liner out and realign the bumper, bolt through the hole where the clips are (pug dont do the clips any more and once the hole is slightly enlarged, they dont grip anyway!)) then refit the liner.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah I might try that tomorrow I think Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 07:12 PM)Niall Wrote:
(25-04-2013, 06:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Its normal, they never fit once they've been taken off.

God you talk so much shit tom its unreal!

Them little plastic clips are rubbish. Take them out, pop the rear arch liner out and realign the bumper, bolt through the hole where the clips are (pug dont do the clips any more and once the hole is slightly enlarged, they dont grip anyway!)) then refit the liner.

^this
Thanks given by:
you dont need take the bumper off. or the arch linner.

there is a vent in the behinde where you have pictured into the boot. in the vent is a bolt with an oval hole. slacken that off.

go in the boot, where the jack is stored is 4 more bolts slacken the two closest to that side off.

get a couple of jacks and gentely jack the bumper into.possion.

whilst jacks are holding the bumper. tighten all the bolts up and stick a cable tie where the plastic push clip should be let jacks down. all should stay where it needs to be.

dont listen to all the yokles above Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 06:01 AM)puglove Wrote: you dont need take the bumper off. or the arch linner.

there is a vent in the behinde where you have pictured into the boot. in the vent is a bolt with an oval hole. slacken that off.

go in the boot, where the jack is stored is 4 more bolts slacken the two closest to that side off.

get a couple of jacks and gentely jack the bumper into.possion.

whilst jacks are holding the bumper. tighten all the bolts up and stick a cable tie where the plastic push clip should be let jacks down. all should stay where it needs to be.

dont listen to all the yokles above Tongue

Great idea except for the fact that when they go like that, the arch liner is normally dislodged and actually stops the bumper going back to where it should!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
never had that problem on the XSI or the old DT. prob just because im full of skill Tongue

Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 07:52 AM)puglove Wrote: never had that problem on the XSI or the old DT. prob just because im full of shit Tongue

EFA
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Undo the bumper bolt on the indside Get someone to lull the bumper up flush then reroute the bolt on the inner wing as I had this problem
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 07:53 AM)Niall Wrote:
(26-04-2013, 07:52 AM)puglove Wrote: never had that problem on the XSI or the old DT. prob just because im full of shit Tongue

EFA

FU neil, you big hairy cum stain Big Grin

Thanks given by: