Insuring a second car/track car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insuring a second car/track car
I want to get a gti as a track car, but would need to be insured to get it to/from tracks. Ideally I only want to be insured for 6 months a year and would only need to be insured to do 1 or 2k.

I'm insured with adrian flux at the moment so I rang them thinking they'd be able to mirror no claims and give me a good deal, but they can only do 12 month policies and wanted 1100, which seems quite a bit.

Anyone insure a 'pleasure only' car for the summer only?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have a word with green light mate. When i got a quote from them, i had a long chat with the guy who was very helpful and said they can be very flexible on terms and uses.
For an idea of a price, in 21 with 4 years NCB, 1 non fault claim and live in a E rated area and they were going to insure me for £500 FC for a 12 month policy!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That is pretty decent I'll give them a call tomorrow. Only problem I would have is that I'm already using my NCB with adrian flux, so I would have none for this policy.
The modifications I would like covered would be suspension, alloys, stripped with buckets etc, and a cage (I assume a cage makes premiums skyrocket?)
Thanks given by:
Just had a look on the green light website, one of the criteria is at least one years NCBSad
Thanks given by:
I'm insured with Greenlight with buckets etc, my premium was about £600 paying in installments.

Give them a buzz, be easier to talk through and see if they'll make an exception... I think they may be able to mirror ncbs too...

They're very good on limited mileage policies too, so you can probably get away with like 2k of road use and then get track insurance as and when through them (I think they're doing it at £40 a day?)

Worth thinking about anyway...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
brentacre insurance is what I used for the rover metro, they mirrored my noclaims across.
the car is on a 3k policy
Thanks given by:
Id say try admiral for multi car, i got the estate and 6 on one policy both with mods under £900

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 03:55 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: I'm insured with Greenlight with buckets etc, my premium was about £600 paying in installments.

Give them a buzz, be easier to talk through and see if they'll make an exception... I think they may be able to mirror ncbs too...

They're very good on limited mileage policies too, so you can probably get away with like 2k of road use and then get track insurance as and when through them (I think they're doing it at £40 a day?)

Worth thinking about anyway...

Just gave them a ring, better than expected they are able to insure up to 180bhp with any 'non power' modifications for 2000 miles at £540, for a full year.

That wouldn't cover a cage though and I don't know if I fancy a track car without one..

(25-04-2013, 04:01 PM)procta Wrote: brentacre insurance is what I used for the rover metro, they mirrored my noclaims across.
the car is on a 3k policy

Cheers for that, I'll give them a ring tomorrow.

(25-04-2013, 04:03 PM)puglove Wrote: Id say try admiral for multi car, i got the estate and 6 on one policy both with mods under £900

I thought about that but I wouldn't be able to as admiral only insure up to 6 modifications, and my DT is also insured for 160bhp and theres no chance admiral will do that!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  After some advise on insuring a second car strictly_perv 8 1,840 09-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Last Post: strictly_perv