205 d turbo xud9 content now with pictures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 d turbo xud9 content now with pictures
This is my dturbo 205 kitted with the gti archs and bumpers already when I got it also had the origional xud7 which soon died. I then tore it out amd replaced it with a xantia engine fitted with a t2 and bosch pump fitted a new rad, front mounted cosworth cooler, new shafts, belt clutch everything! More updates coming but heres a few pics
Thanks given by:
Wheres the pics?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
pics look awesome!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2013, 12:05 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: pics look awesome!

Uploading to photobucket been having issues haha

pictures!!

as i got it
[Image: DSC_0077_zpsf23263a7.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0076_zpsfa5ef927.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0075_zps573295c8.jpg]

undergoing heart surgery...
[Image: DSC_0084_zpsc1a6679c.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0085_zps8968c01d.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0083_zpsdefec248.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0082_zps8d43ea9d.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0087_zps9dee13bf.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0086_zpsc55347b9.jpg]

fitted gti spoiler
[Image: DSC_0114_zpsb3b4206d.jpg]

fitted short shifter and solid linkages
[Image: DSC_0113_zpsb6d1cf59.jpg]

bucket seats and single wiper conversion

[Image: FB_IMG_13646480949780896_zps2fd64dd2.jpg]

gti carpets door cards centre console etc in

[Image: DSC_0111_zpsfbfadaa7.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0112_zpsbf0adf84.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0110_zpsb34abaa2.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0116_zps49d0fe8d.jpg]

rallye steels on

[Image: DSC_0137_zpsc98226a6.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0139_zpsefc86f6f.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0140_zpsc6e752f6.jpg]

few more parts left for it , full gti interior half leaher for it still as the buckets arent my thing anymore, rear reflector strip, gov mod and lda mod/ grind the pump yesterday which has made it a completely different car tbh ! love it to bits
Thanks given by:
This is cool Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks its had alot of blood sweat and bears poured into it in the hayshed at home haha even if it is my daily!

Been on wiring up a big tacho counter today since the standard one never worked. Rev counter works now complete with shift light of the w terminal on the alternator be doing a bit more at the minute than usual as ive took. A couple weeks off work to finiah a few bits and hunt a new job!
Thanks given by:
thats awesome! must resist spending money on my 205!

do you have plenty of clearance to the brake servo with the 1.9 in there or is that something I've imagined in the past?
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2013, 07:35 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: thats awesome! must resist spending money on my 205!

do you have plenty of clearance to the brake servo with the 1.9 in there or is that something I've imagined in the past?

Hahahaha... The biggest ballache of the whole job! If it had been a 306 lump thered be miles of room. But the xantia lumps lard infused intake manifold makes it incredibly close hence the boost pipe running around the back of the engine amd the intake is now routed using heater hosing so its nice and flexible as otherwise itd be anightmare =]

But it must be said its the most fun car ive ever had
Thanks given by:
Any more news on how you got rev counter working off W terminal? Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 09:10 AM)silverzx Wrote: Any more news on how you got rev counter working off W terminal? Tongue

Yes Smile with the gauge I used on a 205 alternator set up if you look on the back of the alternator theres a small black cap and inside theres a bit of exposed metal you cam see touch your pickup onto that and if it works solder to it Smile dont try remove the black cap like me with force or youll need to swap alternators ha :/ hope that helps mate not sure on using a 306 alternator mind but thats how mines running woth a race x one nothing fancy
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 10:35 AM)dturbine Wrote:
(25-04-2013, 09:10 AM)silverzx Wrote: Any more news on how you got rev counter working off W terminal? Tongue

Yes Smile with the gauge I used on a 205 alternator set up if you look on the back of the alternator theres a small black cap and inside theres a bit of exposed metal you cam see touch your pickup onto that and if it works solder to it Smile dont try remove the black cap like me with force or youll need to swap alternators ha :/ hope that helps mate not sure on using a 306 alternator mind but thats how mines running woth a race x one nothing fancy

Interesting!

Don't suppose you have a picture? Haven't got an alternator to hand but looking back through my photos I'm not sure which connection you mean, here's my 205 alternator:

[Image: 1zvahbc.jpg]

Any old rev gauge will work? Even cheap one like this: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380592076983 ?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
That looks more like a 306 alternator mate my 205 onehas no cover at the back just a bolt for the wiring connection and a pin for the loom theres a small black cap screwed onto the rear of the alternator on mine ill grab a pic tommorow while im on with it mate but literally connected up the live and earth and poked the green signal wore in allover the alternator till it worked
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 11:25 AM)dturbine Wrote: That looks more like a 306 alternator mate my 205 onehas no cover at the back just a bolt for the wiring connection and a pin for the loom theres a small black cap screwed onto the rear of the alternator on mine ill grab a pic tommorow while im on with it mate but literally connected up the live and earth and poked the green signal wore in allover the alternator till it worked

Hmm, this is off a GTi so might be slightly different.

My 1.8 alternator looked like this:

[Image: 9uaedh.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 11:34 AM)silverzx Wrote:
(25-04-2013, 11:25 AM)dturbine Wrote: That looks more like a 306 alternator mate my 205 onehas no cover at the back just a bolt for the wiring connection and a pin for the loom theres a small black cap screwed onto the rear of the alternator on mine ill grab a pic tommorow while im on with it mate but literally connected up the live and earth and poked the green signal wore in allover the alternator till it worked

Thats the one mate that plate with the white base and 2 screws in there is the w terminal youll see one bare bit of metal inside touch the pickup wire to it amd should work atleast mine does!
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 12:37 PM)dturbine Wrote:
(25-04-2013, 11:34 AM)silverzx Wrote:

Thats the one mate that plate with the white base and 2 screws in there is the w terminal youll see one bare bit of metal inside touch the pickup wire to it amd should work atleast mine does!

Shame that ones broken lol!

I'm guessing it would be under the black square cover on my current one.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Maybe but it could be the spare stud on the back of the alternator aswell im off to get another one tommorow so if I have to use sonething different ill update my findings hha
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 02:38 PM)dturbine Wrote: Maybe but it could be the spare stud on the back of the alternator aswell im off to get another one tommorow so if I have to use sonething different ill update my findings hha

Might be better to get a STDT cluster in there, has extra goodies like temp too.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Ive got them in. Clocks have rev, speedo,oil sensor water in fuel, temp fuel on them but theres no sensors for water in fuel, or oil and the rev counter wont fire up ive even tried hard wiring it into the back of the cluster straifht from the crabk sensor so gave in and went this way.
Thanks given by:
Nice little project. Just wait till you fit a bigger turbo, totally different drive.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
nice project mate. i want a 205 or 309 just finding one Sad
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Well after fighting through the hail and thunderstorm at carlisle in the scrapyard I prevailed with a new alternator and an 11 mm transit pump for 40 quid! So ive stripped the transit pump this evening and ill strip my spare bosch tommorow for a rebuild Smile got my eyes open for a big blower... Want something thays fits down the back tho...
Thanks given by:
I have now built my 11 mm pump. Smile first attempt at something like that so very chuffed with it! Also fitted my new alternator however its not the same as I had its now like the gti style so need to refind the w terminal Sad anyone know a way of swapping pumps without belt removal? Eg bolt the pump pulley in timing holes and then pull tge pump out leaving the pulley in situ? Would this work? Only fitted the belt 2k ago so really rather leave it tbh ha
Thanks given by:
well i now have this box of useless bits left ...
[Image: DSC_0148_zps983f4a72.jpg]

and this 11mm pump !
[Image: DSC_0147_zps14bef75e.jpg]

and since its not a bad day i got it washed and a few pics
[Image: DSC_0149_zpsd966d9ff.jpg]

also got round to fitting my rear reflector strip which really finishes it off i think body wise was a bit naked before !

[Image: DSC_0150_zpsbd97d496.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0151_zps02fbde88.jpg]

also found a new job so this weeks pretty good ! scored some cheap snapon gear for starting new job as an hgv fitter and hopefully get the td04 payed for tommorow so we can achieve some big pump bigger turbo power for summer fun !
Thanks given by:
[quote='dturbine' pid='256624' dateline='1366806671']
undergoing heart surgery...
[Image: DSC_0085_zps8968c01d.jpg]
Another lifelong member of Team Orange Engine-bay I see lol
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
You aint wrong mate! My xud7te with bosch pump on didnot enjoy having coolant in it haha slightly better now
Thanks given by:
Ahhhhh wait a minute - was this at Retro Rides last year, think I saw it... At least I've seen it about before?

Proper cool car, love it!!

I've definitely got a soft spot for 205 DTs!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Couldnt say mate I got her in jan and did a hell of a lot since then,only had a bucket seat and a dash in when I got it no carpets door cards radio nowt lol.

Car belonged to sandy off the discovery show "the garage" thats who I got it off! But tbf its a complete different car now haha
Thanks given by:
Well after putting up with its incredible lumpy start and spluttering I decided to pull the pump to bits. Redid the gov mod, adjusted the hot and cold idles had a few runs adjusting the fuel pressure did the max travel mod and generally f*cked about woth the pump all afternoon. Also fitted my new boost pin. This was actually robbed from a mitsubushi shogun pump! Quite agressive and also noticed there fitted with a td04 standard aswell as nice slim oil and intercooler ive took aswell bout all till next month as broke now!

[Image: DSC_0163_zps9b5c3571.jpg]
Shogun on left pug on right thats not the best pic to show it off but you get the idea
Thanks given by: