Air con..... Is it worth it.... + few other things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air con..... Is it worth it.... + few other things
So new hdi has air con, but as normal it dont work but i can see a snapped pipe, so what i want to no is it worth getting a new pipe and replacing it then getting it filled up agin? really would like air con but not sure if its worth trying to replace pipes etc

What do you guys think?

Central locking

when i press the button on the fob you can hear something click in the center console isnt there a control unit around there some were? Do you guys think it needs that replacing to make my central locking work? if i replace it will i need to re program my keys?

There might be some more questions but for got at the min lol

Thanks given by:
Sell it by another too many problems
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Air con uses more fuel, definitely not worth it.....
Thanks given by:
Don't need air con that's what windows are for, chances are change that pipe and something else will leak.
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2013, 07:42 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Sell it by another too many problems

No way am I selling it lol so in love with it at the min!

(19-04-2013, 08:01 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Air con uses more fuel, definitely not worth it.....

Not bothered about using more fuel as long as I'm cold lol

(19-04-2013, 09:25 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Don't need air con that's what windows are for, chances are change that pipe and something else will leak.

That's what I'm worried about lol don't think I will bother probably just remove it save some weight.

Any body any ideas on central locking???

Thanks given by:
(19-04-2013, 08:01 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Air con uses more fuel, definitely not worth it.....

Doesnt use that much more, not on a 306 anyway, but aggree, it's not needed in this country, it's just a selling con like many others
Thanks given by:
As others have said, chances are the condenser has probably gone too, I replaced both pipes and condenser and it cost a lot of money. The 306 aircon was never that good either. Plus I still had issues with mine where it would cut in and out every few seconds, (usually in traffic) and made the car un-drivable. Never did work out why unfortunately.

Not sure on the central locking, mine also broke, when I looked at sorting, some guys on .net said if you replace the unit in the centre console then other bits may need to be changed including immobiliser ring and chip in fob. Can't remember what else they said now!
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2013, 05:41 PM)fuziduck Wrote: As others have said, chances are the condenser has probably gone too, I replaced both pipes and condenser and it cost a lot of money. The 306 aircon was never that good either. Plus I still had issues with mine where it would cut in and out every few seconds, (usually in traffic) and made the car un-drivable. Never did work out why unfortunately.

Not sure on the central locking, mine also broke, when I looked at sorting, some guys on .net said if you replace the unit in the centre console then other bits may need to be changed including immobiliser ring and chip in fob. Can't remember what else they said now!

Gonna remove air con now i deiced, any more info on the central locking thing tho? was going to look in to replaceing the uint thing but now you said that unsure, when i press the button on the remote i hear the unit click, and the interior light goes off like its locked but then lights back up, but nothing happens at the doors?? gonna see if i can find the unit make sure all the wires plugged in right

Thanks given by:
I'm afraid I can't find the post that relates to what I said earlier, but definitely recall some potential issues (although I didn't want to believe them!) Here is a link to a thread I found, although doesn't look to be much help I'm afraid.
http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/forum/...mote!-HELP!!

The unit is under the dash, I've just found this pic from a few years back:

[Image: DSC02569c1.jpg]

I hope you have better luck with sorting that I did!
Thanks given by:
Ok mate thanks will have a look soon see what i can see. Will update when i have had a look at it

Thanks given by:
So ripped all the center of car out got the black box out disconnected it tried to start car and wouldn't have it so guessing it dose read the imobliser code then??

ANYWAY so pissed around with wires still no go, deiced to look though the fuse and what a TIT! a fuse had blown all works great now dead locks as well....... So ripped all center of car out for no reason lol but least it working now Smile

Thanks given by:
You didnt check the fuses first...? Oh dear lol, at least it was an easy fix eh!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(24-04-2013, 09:06 AM)Poodle Wrote: You didnt check the fuses first...? Oh dear lol, at least it was an easy fix eh!

No lol I thought cos the box was clicking sure it had power so guessed it wasn't a fuse but I no fook all about electrics lol

Thanks given by:
Same tbf, i only go straight for the fuses because i wouldn't have a clue what else to look at. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Glad it was only the fuses for you. Wish mine was the same. Ah well, not my problem anymore!
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2013, 07:37 PM)Poodle Wrote: Same tbf, i only go straight for the fuses because i wouldn't have a clue what else to look at. lol

lol

(24-04-2013, 07:57 PM)fuziduck Wrote: Glad it was only the fuses for you. Wish mine was the same. Ah well, not my problem anymore!

lol Thanks for the help any way guys Smile

Thanks given by:
That black box is the Immobiliser!!!! Nothing to do with the central locking!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 05:54 AM)Rich306 Wrote: That black box is the Immobiliser!!!! Nothing to do with the central locking!

If its nothing to do with the central locking why dose it click when you lock and unlock the car??? Clearly the central locking goes though that box some how

Thanks given by:
Because in unlocking the car with the fob, you deactivate the immobiliser.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 06:22 AM)Poodle Wrote: Because in unlocking the car with the fob, you deactivate the immobiliser.

Carnt be the only way to deactivate the immobilizer then as it wouldn't have started when it wasn't working, also it dosent click when i dont press the button?? and it deactivates the immobilizer

Thanks given by:
No it's not, the ring receives a signal from the chip in your key when you put it in the barrel, which also deactivates the immob.

All that said though, I thought the immob was internal to the ecu, that black box is the bsi.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 02:26 PM)Poodle Wrote: No it's not, the ring receives a signal from the chip in your key when you put it in the barrel, which also deactivates the immob.

All that said though, I thought the immob was internal to the ecu, that black box is the bsi.

What is bsi? lol never had a 306 with all this crap on Wink

Thanks given by:
Fairly sure its on most 306s... bsi stands for body systems interface.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 05:54 AM)Rich306 Wrote: That black box is the Immobiliser!!!! Nothing to do with the central locking!

(25-04-2013, 06:22 AM)Poodle Wrote: Because in unlocking the car with the fob, you deactivate the immobiliser.

Both wrong!

Rich, that box controls interior lighting, central locking and immobiliser
Poodle, immobiliser is still armed until you flick the key to the second step
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 06:47 AM)Jimbo Wrote: Cheers guys I always thought there was space issues, seems you just run the pipe the other side of the manifold. Why is it some people run defiltered then?
Can you use a 405 td intake pipe as I have one at work?
Cheers

(26-04-2013, 08:11 AM)Niall Wrote:

Both wrong!

Rich, that box controls interior lighting, central locking and immobiliser
Poodle, immobiliser is still armed until you flick the key to the second step

Niall you say it controls it, so if i was to change it, it wouldn't affect the immobiliser? (i dont need to change it just wondering)

Thanks given by:
Of you remove it or change it, the car won't start. The bsi checks the code on the key and depending on if its right or not, let's the ecu work.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 09:24 AM)Niall Wrote: Of you remove it or change it, the car won't start. The bsi checks the code on the key and depending on if its right or not, let's the ecu work.

Oh right hope the box dont brake down then lol

Thanks given by:
Niall if you were to replace the bsi would it just be the chip in the key, the ignition barrel ring or is there anywhere else it links to?
Thanks given by:
You need the ecu, key and bsi and that's it. All from the same car of course.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
How come the immob light went out when I unlocked the cabby with the fob then? Or is that the alarm light..?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: