14"s or 16"s

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14"s or 16"s
Right I have a decision 14" alley cats

Or 16" 3dsm's ?

Bearing in mind the front is 65mm low and the rear nearer 80 so will 14"s make the car too low ??
Thanks given by:
16's!

Or get them 14" ones in 15/16
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
definitely the 3dsm's!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I want these 3dsm's wheels so much.
Thanks given by:
3dsm's are the shizzle!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately the alleycats are 14" or smaller :-( but I do love the 3dsms and have only seen them in VAG's I want a set soooo bad but I've always wanted alley cats but dunno If they will be too small and make the car too low and look silly :-(
Thanks given by:
14s will be wat too small

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
+1 on the 3dsms and I dont even like that style! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
3dsm's it is then when they release them in 16" :-p    
Someone wants to photoshop a set of 3dsms onto the pug is me muchly gratefull :-)
Thanks given by:
16s
Thanks given by:
3dsm's are everywhere atm Sad
Thanks given by:
3sdm's are already over done on the vag scene. Fresh on a pug though. Going to be tight with that ride height though.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm Intending to raise it a fair bit at the back I want abit of rake :-) my aim is a stanced ride im over the slammed look already it bores me and my spine and my sills and my sump !!!!
Thanks given by:
I want those 16's!
Thanks given by:
Seriously, 3sdms ftw. But don't buy them as you'll just be copying me :p mine are ordered and waiting on that phone call any day!
I've been after a 16" set for like 9 months since I knew they were going to do them.

Also to run those 16s looking decent you'll have to be close to 100mm on the front that's for sure.
Got my coils all the way down and they won't be remotely low enough.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think kd have to raise my ta coileys to run 16s. Only a little though. Unless you have painted on tyres.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Balls to that, mates got 9s in the front of his 195 45 tyre with like 15mm of thread and its still around 10mm too high.
With 8's which what these are and a 40 profile (as there will be no strech with a 45) tyre you'll need even more lows or be arch gap will be stupid.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How much are a set of 3SDMs anyway? £ra*e.99?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
£500 odd on eBay.
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2013, 11:03 PM)Chris Wrote: mine are ordered and waiting on that phone call any day!
I've been after a 16" set for like 9 months since I knew they were going to do them.

What spec wheels/tyres have you gone for?
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2013, 11:03 PM)Chris Wrote: Seriously, 3sdms ftw. But don't buy them as you'll just be copying me :p mine are ordered and waiting on that phone call any day!

Also to run those 16s looking decent you'll have to be close to 100mm on the front that's for sure.
Got my coils all the way down and they won't be remotely low enough.

Hehehe I maywell still get them :-P decided against the alleycats and have seen a set of split rims which I've not seen on any 306 yet :-) that's an option replacing the alleycats I think I'm gunna get the car raised to 60 at the back 70 mm at the front and look into some spacers so the wheels are super flush :-D I want the stanced look !!!
Thanks given by:
Dude do NOT get the 3SDM's, they're so overplayed and tbh not even that nice. Can't stand the sight of them any more...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2013, 04:04 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Dude do NOT get the 3SDM's, they're so overplayed and tbh not even that nice. Can't stand the sight of them any more...

This man speaks sense. Don't jump on the 3SDM band-wagon with all the other "trendfags"
They are two a penny ATM and that ruins the awesome look
Thanks given by:
Yeah but its all in the VAG scene having a set on a pug will be a first :-) and I think will look shit hot
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2013, 04:58 PM)Jukie88 Wrote: Yeah but its all in the VAG scene having a set on a pug will be a first :-) and I think will look shit hot

Your choice at the end of the day. You'll just get loads of comments that it's trying to be a VW then though.

I got it with the XXR's and bolt-ons. Apparently I was trying to turn it into a drift car/Impreza. Makes you just think "oh stfu"
Thanks given by:
I dont think there that common! They seem to be getting a bit more publicity atm but im yet to see them on a car in the flesh! Pro race 1.2 are a good example of a common wheel.
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2013, 05:36 PM)TomLum Wrote: I dont think there that common! They seem to be getting a bit more publicity atm but im yet to see them on a car in the flesh! Pro race 1.2 are a good example of a common wheel.

But pro race 1.2s are a practical alloy. They sre popular due to the weight of them. 3D's are becoming common because the whole VAG scene is one shepherd and a whole flock of sheep...
Break the mold and go for something unknown IMO... but that's all it is. One opinion Smile
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2013, 05:36 PM)TomLum Wrote: I dont think there that common! They seem to be getting a bit more publicity atm but im yet to see them on a car in the flesh! Pro race 1.2 are a good example of a common wheel.

They're getting more common because companies offer them with tyres and on finance, even with fitting kits. A guy here I know is only 20 and still a student and even he bought them. One set for his Bora, and now he's after a set for his Impreza.

There's a whole world of possibilities out there, personally I think it would be more of a statement to do something balls out.

But again, my opinion, tizz all.
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2013, 05:01 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(17-04-2013, 04:58 PM)Jukie88 Wrote: Yeah but its all in the VAG scene having a set on a pug will be a first :-) and I think will look shit hot

Your choice at the end of the day. You'll just get loads of comments that it's trying to be a VW then though.

I got it with the XXR's and bolt-ons. Apparently I was trying to turn it into a drift car/Impreza. Makes you just think "oh stfu"

Surely that's part of the modifying lifestyle ?? Hater always gunna hate I gotta admit I'm a vw enthusiast and I still love the 306 and think alot of the wheels the vw and Honda group use would look amazing !!!
Thanks given by: