What Are They Worth??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are They Worth??
Cyclones, what are they worth these days?

Factory paint, some kerb marks now. Also some dirt, would benefit from wheel cleaner!

All wheels straight and balanced.

Never notced until today but 3 are 'Cyclone 2' and one is and older 'cyclone'.

2 Toyo Proxes T-1Rs - ~2.5-3mm tread in the middle, none on the outer edges. Reccomend replacement.

2 Marshall Matracs - ~5mm tread all over, been used on the rear. Same tyres since I bought the wheels in 2009 and have only lost 1mm if that lol. Unfortunately the inner sidewall of one got scrubbed a bit, and that same tyre has a slow leak, which I believe is the valve seal. Its never been run low though as I pumped them up every week.

Come with the awesome peugeot dust caps. Wink

Can chuck in a steel spare with a decent tyre as well.

Can include bolts but they're pretty rusty and lost thier chrome, they're the ones that came on the HDi, I'm keeping my nice ones for now lol.

Pictures -

[Image: Breaking30615018_zps4a392fd0.jpg]

[Image: Breaking30615020_zpse2c335f0.jpg]

[Image: Breaking30615021_zpse261856c.jpg]

[Image: Breaking30615022_zpsb377648e.jpg]

[Image: Breaking30615023_zps8bd28742.jpg]

[Image: Breaking30615024_zps0ea742c7.jpg]

[Image: Breaking30615026_zps7386326c.jpg]

[Image: Breaking30615027_zps46d5e16f.jpg]

[Image: Breaking30615029_zps9e9fc85a.jpg]

[Image: Breaking30615030_zps8860731b.jpg]

[Image: Breaking30615031_zps2b7c780c.jpg]

This is a 'whats it worth' thread, not a for sale thread. Just want to know what they're worth both on here and on ebay. Or even if they're worth more as singles?

Don't mind posting through Paisley for £35 or whatever it is now.

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
go on then tom....whats the difference between 1 and 2?
Thanks given by:
The wheel bolt holes...hence the bolt hole pics lol.

The older style one is missing the taper inside, not sure if it makes any difference though, as I never realised till today!
Thanks given by:
want to swap for a set of 205 speedlines?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
(15-04-2013, 06:52 PM)Ben Jay Wrote: want to swap for a set of 205 speedlines?

Not sure they'd fit my Vectra. lol

Plus I don't like speedlines lol.
Thanks given by:
Probably about 70-80quids worth there tom.
Pm JamesG I think hes after a set
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Really? That all? I might as well keep them tbh then. Can get £50 for some swallows!
Thanks given by:
Where can you get 50 for swallows?
Well they arent in great condition and the tyres dont look great so thats where id say youre at.
Possibly get more on ebay etc but they're not selling too well atm.
I got £80 for mine with a spare tyre.... well I was ment to get £80 until the little bastard f*cked off with the money! Grrr

Also search for
Pug 306 d-turbo owners group
On facefuck theres always people looking for clones on there.
Thanks given by:
I got £100 posted for mine with 6 month old rainsport 2's. Unless the tyres are good theyre hardly worth anything these days.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I just had an offer of £50 for my swallows, and the guy wants to collect tonight. It sounds reasonable to me as tyres cost like £50 each!

And whattdya mean not great condition!? Tongue They look worse in the pics tbh, a few weeks of brake dust and shit. But they're not bubbly and completely kerbed all round like most I see these days.

The two rear tyres are fine, I'd continue using them, just the proxes that don't get on well with torque or corners.....or the bloody dodgy tracking on Rowells estate! Rolleyes

I wouldn't let them go for less than £100 tbh though, might try ebay if they're not worth that here. I got £235 (+postage) for a set of 16" Golf GTi wheels with nearly dead tyres this week. Peugeots really are worthless then.
Thanks given by:
But everyone has clones nowadays, they came on nearly all ph3 cars!
I watched a set sell for £17 on ebay the other day.
If you want decent money for them, chuck some paint at them and put 2 part worns on the front and you might see about 140 ish

All the scene kids have vws, theres that many puffs riding around in 1.0 lupos now its unreal!
Thanks given by:
That's cos most of the people I see driving vags live on mummy and daddy's credit card so they don't care how much they pay for some new wheels and daddy will buy some new tyres too

I must admit tho parts are getting worthless now I remember few years back when I got into 306's £150 for a Bosch set up was cheap your lucky to get £80 now days
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
And Golf GTi wheels came on ALL the 150 diesels lol...so whats your point? Plus they didn't, only DTurbo's, GTi's and XS's and XS's - LXs have horrible steels, Meridians have horrible swallows - surely everyone wants rid of either of those! lol

Also, scene kids don't like the standard wheels, (I was always told my car needed lows and wheels at the meets, but I prefered the power mods tbh), they like the shit thats too big, too wide and makes the car uncomfotable and undriveable. lol This is just an average person buying mine, not some bloody scene kid! A scene kid bought the awful heavy Audi reps that were on the silver Golf...for £350 iirc.

I can't paint....if I could they would've been painted before now lol. I did think about the part worn idea though.....wonder how cheap two 15s are? Hmm, will look into that...
Thanks given by:
There about £15 each fitted up here, I remember the green cyclone you had a go at painting lol

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
If I was closer I would have helped you paint them. I put a guide up on here somewhere on painting.
Just search ebay, I paid £7.50 for two when I got rid of mine

The point is tho vws carry a certain "im a penis, charge me stupid money" tax you can still find knackered mk3 rot boxes for 1000+
The main people you will sell clones to are saxo/106 owners.
Everyone in 306s have moved to nimrods/challengers etc
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2013, 07:48 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: There about £15 each fitted up here, I remember the green cyclone you had a go at painting lol

You forget things are cheap up North though! Dodgy

£25 each for 15s fitted in Ipswich.

And yes that green clone haha, and the orange one! lmao

(15-04-2013, 07:49 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: If I was closer I would have helped you paint them. I put a guide up on here somewhere on painting.
Just search ebay, I paid £7.50 for two when I got rid of mine

The point is tho vws carry a certain "im a penis, charge me stupid money" tax you can still find knackered mk3 rot boxes for 1000+
The main people you will sell clones to are saxo/106 owners.
Everyone in 306s have moved to nimrods/challengers etc

I know the idea behind spray painting but I just can't do it, don't have the patience or the dexterity for it. I think thats the right word, my hands dont seem to do what my eyes are telling them to do basically lol. So I don't do any sort of bodywork or painting.

Problem with buying them off ebay is I've then gotta find someone who'll fit them. I paid a fiver a tyre to have my toyos fitted and balanced two years ago.....the end of last year I couldnt find anyone to do it cash in in hand so it cost me £15 a tyre for fitting and balancing iirc! Sad
Thanks given by:
Haha like I said its a shame you dont live closer, could have haf them looking like new in a couple of hours!

I remember your last attempt too now you mention it.... yeah dont paint them! Lol

Hmmm well do what I did then buy 2 part worns and sell them with the wheels.
Thanks given by:
Shame your so far away I would be able to help with most things you get stuck with, I know what you mean about spraying takes me 2 months to refurb some wheels I get bored of f*cking sanding

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I'll see how it goes. Might try selling them as singles tbh, singles are always high priced lol.
Thanks given by:
Haha I used to do it for a living, you get used to it.
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2013, 08:03 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Shame your so far away I would be able to help with most things you get stuck with, I know what you mean about spraying takes me 2 months to refurb some wheels I get bored of f*cking sanding

My thoughts exactly lol, with everything tbh! Everywhere seems to be far away from here lol.
Thanks given by:
Ebay them at £125 with make me an offer , IMO your looking at 100-130 depending who/where you sell thrm

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(15-04-2013, 08:25 PM)puglove Wrote: Ebay them at £125 with make me an offer , IMO your looking at 100-130 depending who/where you sell thrm

Thats more like what I was hoping for tbh. Smile
Thanks given by:
Like I said if you try elsewhere you may get more.
Thanks given by:
I sold a set of 5 lazers...I know not as good...but with 5 good tyres and all caps and all straight NO kubing at all...£21 on ebay Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I bought my set of cyclones in good condition with 6-7ml tread all round for £110 but maybe i got abit lucky?

I would bang some part worns on the worst tires and do a buy it now or best offer as someone else has said
Thanks given by:
lol piggy, lasers are worth £8/£9 each for scrap.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
TBH this is the worse place to sell stuff if you want top doller, as we all like to do each other a faver and sell a bit below the RRP which is a part of the whole community thing,

You will always get more eles where than what you will on the forums

& piggy cyclones are 100x more desirable on ebay over lazer

Thanks given by:
(15-04-2013, 09:13 PM)puglove Wrote: TBH this is the worse place to sell stuff if you want top doller, as we all like to do each other a faver and sell a bit below the RRP which is a part of the whole community thing,

This is true, and as always its a compromise.

On ebay you usually get higher prices - but then you get fees, people you don't know and every now and then some arse that doesn't pay and then doesn't get in contact.

On forums you get lower prices - but have no fees, hopefully the people are trusted and its unlikely that a regular would fail to pay.

Swings and roundabouts really. Was the same on DubGen in all honesty...I was told I'd never get £100 for my Golf wheels on there....the ones that sold for over £200 on ebay. lol
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2013, 09:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote: This is true, and as always its a compromise.

On ebay you usually get higher prices - but then you get fees, people you don't know and every now and then some arse that doesn't pay and then doesn't get in contact.

On forums you get lower prices - but have no fees, hopefully the people are trusted and its unlikely that a regular would fail to pay.

Swings and roundabouts really. Was the same on DubGen in all honesty...I was told I'd never get £100 for my Golf wheels on there....the ones that sold for over £200 on ebay. lol

In a nut shell mate ,

Thanks given by: