Black Rallye Project - For sale soon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Rallye Project - For sale soon
Been on here a while now and never really posted much so thought i better get started!

Got myself a rallye on boxing day, was a bit of a spur of a moment thing, saw it on ebay thought that looks nice and rather cheap so messaged the guy and went and picked it up Smile

82k on the clock, 5 owners, mot'd until aug 13, 4 brand new tyres, receipts for a cambelt at 63k back in 2010, and a bit of service history, for some reason a ph2 bumper was fitted, now changed to ph3! Smile

When i got it home

The plan really is to make/keep it all original with there only being 100 of them, so the proper ph3 bumper goes on!

The bonnet was stone chipped a lot so i bought one off mate who is breaking a d turbo, user name 'joe205' still has many parts left and there all very cheap! I cant upload pics of the new bonnet because there too large?!

Some pics of it all cleaned up

Sadly its off the road at the moment due to me getting my d turbo back and it needs a few jobs doing which i can get on with whilst not using using it!

Engine mount needs welding, aux belt tensioner and idler pulley need changing (sounds supercharged) and the rear pads are out! i have all the parts just need a bit of nice weather!

Ill keep updating as the work goes on! Mitch.
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
Lovely looking car fella looks like its in the right hands to get the attention it deserves.

When you say the engine mount needs welding do you mean the LH upper one?

James
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice Rallye...! Will be all good after some TLC. Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome buddy, nice to see another Black Rallye being looked after!!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2013, 09:57 AM)JamesG Wrote: Lovely looking car fella looks like its in the right hands to get the attention it deserves.

James

Yeh thats the one! i had to do the one on my xud as well, sort of cracked and came away from the body
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the shout out Mitch haha. Car looks very smart in person
Thanks given by:
Nice looks fresh!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very jealous mate..

..if only they came in 5dr then I could have one lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2013, 10:23 AM)toon93 Wrote:
(14-04-2013, 09:57 AM)JamesG Wrote: Lovely looking car fella looks like its in the right hands to get the attention it deserves.

James

Yeh thats the one! i had to do the one on my xud as well, sort of cracked and came away from the body

I've got to do mine aswell any tips on how you did yours?
Picture of how mine is at the moment
[Image: vygu7yva.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Whoah!! :o That is shocking!!

Mine is nowhere near that bad...

What needs to be done is as follows: Cut out a C shaped hole around the rusted area and put another plate of metal in.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2013, 10:01 PM)Rich306 Wrote: Whoah!! :o That is shocking!!

Mine is nowhere near that bad...

What needs to be done is as follows: Cut out a C shaped hole around the rusted area and put another plate of metal in.

It is bad never noticed until I had the Engine out recently I assumed it was the actual mount not fully tight so tightened it and was still rocking but I will get round to doing it soon Smile looks bad but hopefully ill be able to sort something.

I have a feeling the guy who had it before me when he changed to gearbox he lowered the engine with a jack it slipped and cracked the metal causing it to end up like it is.
Thanks given by:
Love this, I need to come round and see it already!
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2013, 09:58 PM)JamesG Wrote:
(14-04-2013, 10:23 AM)toon93 Wrote: [quote='JamesG' pid='250916' dateline='1365933429']
Lovely looking car fella looks like its in the right hands to get the attention it deserves.

James

I've got to do mine aswell any tips on how you did yours?

I'm pretty sure I've got some pics of when I did my xud, I'll have a look when I'm home, I got a big washer and placed it where the mount screws into to the body, I got a bolt and screwed it into the body so it holds the washer central, then weld around the outside of the washer and remove bolt when done, and then screw in the mount.. If its gone to the point where the captive nut has fell away from the body altogether I would do as above but weld a nut to the washer before hand (this will be the new place where the mount screws in) and then get it in a central position again, this prob makes sense what so ever, I'll try to find the pics later!
Thanks given by:
Done nothing at all with the rallye lately, shame really as its still mot'd and taxed, cant really afford to run two cars and the insurance isnt the best on the rallye with me being 19, gave it a clean the other day as it was looking sorry for itself, covered in dust cob webs etc, looks happier now Smile

I need to change the rear pads and the aux belt guide pully too, will try to update as much as i can when i get around to doing it!
Thanks given by:
Great picture Mitch. Got the whole car in :p
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 10:33 PM)Stephen Wrote: Great picture Mitch. Got the whole car in :p

Too many to choose from, that one shall do fine :p plus the paint has came off the bumper on the part you can't see!
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately this will potentially be for sale towards the end of this year/beginning of next, no point in me having three 306's and a 106 sat in the driveway, im wanting to get a disco/defender and start doing some offroading events. When for sale it will come with 12 months mot, full new exhaust system, new rear discs and pads, fully serviced, new aux belt, tensioner and guide pully, the car is completely original apart from being lowered 30mm and the current exhaust system, had a cambelt at 63k and is on 84k now, runs spot on, doesnt get hot not rattles tapping etc, also has 4 recently new falken tyres. Anyone interested let me know Smile
Thanks given by:
You tell me nothing
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 221,567 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  306 rallye trackday project twangy 383 178,980 19-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 19,840 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306