XUD engine oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD engine oil
Hi guys . changing the oil on my XUD today after it dumped it all on the floor. what oil should i use? the engine is 80K now should i stick with factory recomendation or should i use somthing abit more forgiving now that the internals are wearing a bit?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I use 10w/40 and sometimes 5w/40
Thanks given by:
IIRC peugeot recomend 10w/40 but was thinking of using 5w/40? taking it this would be ok then
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
Yea it's fine.
Thanks given by:
I use 10w40 fully ester synthetic, when It comes to tuned xud engines want to be using the best quality oil you can afford, something that will cope with the extra heat and increased pressures that result From boost

Gulf race or miller competition oils are my choice
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Gulf Competition. /thread

10w40 btw Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Another vote for Gulf Competition 10w40 - not massively expensive, but a proper ester synthetic.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Is regular changes on genuine dealer oil (say maximum every 3,000 miles) just as good as getting an expensive oil such as the one mentioned above?

Obviously compared it probably isn't but due to the short intervals between changing it should help right!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Changing.it more often will help with detergents etc, but IMO theres no.replacememt for a GOOD oil...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I use Miller's and change it every 3k
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by: