ahhh thats what I like to see!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ahhh thats what I like to see!!
21, getting quotes for £550, living in risk code E! Had a motorcycle accident aswell.
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2013, 04:01 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: How many ncb you got? 350 for a 6 is cheap!

2 years. Yes very good I thought!
Thanks given by:
I think insurance is getting cheaper now for men! Ive been quoted 485FC on my 6 all mods declared and I'm 21 in a E post code with 3 points that have expired but still declarable.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Jesus dodgy bob thats harsh mate! Couldnt you get one of those black box things fitted and drive like a tuppence for a year?

Yeah youve done really well there tom, like I said ive not shopped around yet so hopefully get it a bit cheaper than that, wouldnt mind insuring a 6/2.0 cab for that money tbh!

Yeah ive got points too!

Its about time tbh, I cant really complain tho tbh, ive never paid over a grand so been pretty lucky really.
My biggest fault was going on my dads insurance when I passed. Did that for years, id have like 7-8years no claims if I didnt! Lol
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I considered the black box things and they were still around the £3k mark, plus I'm not too keen on the big brother idea, apart from the fact I love the 306 in general, the fact that I own my car outright unlike all the schmucks who pay stupid h-p on top of general running and insurance costs so why should I be tracked wherever I go?
Like I said I could find out what info is held about me on the CUE system but you can't force any insurer who logged the info to remove it.
Once I get my renewal in July I've got a few options, Adelaide do licence checks on PCV & HGV drivers and offer free IAM membership which brings discounts, Or go for the insurers who offer discount for membership on here, along with the Road Hawk cameras which also give discount, some people reckon that the outlay for the device negates the savings but if I get say a 15% discount for a road hawk on a policy like I've got now the saving could buy two devices and then any saving in laters years are free money :-)
But given I'm now 25, should have a years no claims by then, the whole equal rights thing goin on that's brought men's insurance down....... finally, I may actually stand a chance of a reasonable quote. If not you may see a For Sale thread around July time lol.
Thanks given by:
Thats really good. Im paying £581 mods declared, 160 bhp limit third party fire and theft, 6 years ncb, my problem is the postcode, if i lived in wakefield my insurance would be about £150 cheaper

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
I also think half the problem is that I have no definitive answers with regards to the accident when I go looking for quotes, I had myself, the missus, my daughter, and my mate and her daughter in the car when we had the bump, I was a named driver on the car but fully comp, not one of us claimed even though it would have been easy for them to throw a claim in anyway but I just hate the whole "blame-claim even though there's nowt wrong with me but its free money" idea that's what prices people out of running a car, but the woman had called the fuzz so when he asked if everyone was okay we all said yeah, even her, until her son nudged her and said "no your not *nudge nudge* no you not" from then on I knew I was shafted! But I straight away said "errr excuse me officer you just saw that she was prompted to change her answer by someone not involved in the collision" and I made sure it went in my statement cuz the officer would of had to of backed me up on it, but there was never any follow up and the bro-in-law went to another insurer so I don't known wether or how much she was paid out! So as far as anyone quoting me is concerned there's still a open claim with the potential for £thousands payout against me.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306s on ebay...ahhh my eyes :( Piggy 12 2,289 05-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Toms306