Brake disc centre bore :S

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake disc centre bore :S
Hi, I am having an issue with some eicher brakes that I ordered from Euro car parts.

The part numbers all add up, but compared to old disc the center bore is at least 2 or 3 mm bigger!

Everything lines up fine hole wise, it's just the disc is baggy as hell on the hub and I am naturally a little dubious about the disc bouncing around on the hub and what not.

Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 04:17 PM)331sam331 Wrote: Hi, I am having an issue with some eicher brakes that I ordered from Euro car parts.

The part numbers all add up, but compared to old disc the center bore is at least 2 or 3 mm bigger!

Everything lines up fine hole wise, it's just the disc is baggy as hell on the hub and I am naturally a little dubious about the disc bouncing around on the hub and what not.

Any ideas?

The disc won't 'bounce around' as such as you'll have 4 wheel bolts through it. Do the 4 x 108 holes line up ??
I'd take a standard disc and one of the 'baggy' discs back and get them to double check. it shouldn't be bagggy, thats for sure.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 04:34 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 04:17 PM)331sam331 Wrote: Hi, I am having an issue with some eicher brakes that I ordered from Euro car parts.

Any ideas?

The disc won't 'bounce around' as such as you'll have 4 wheel bolts through it. Do the 4 x 108 holes line up ??
I'd take a standard disc and one of the 'baggy' discs back and get them to double check. it shouldn't be bagggy, thats for sure.

All the wheel bolt holes line up fine and the two small hex bolt holes.

There is quite a bit of movement. I measured the old disc center diameter to 66mm (which is what the website says is correct) and the new disc is 68mm.
Thanks given by:
The center bore should be 65.1mm

Take them back if they aint a good tight fit. If they fit properly then some of the force is transmitted through the center lip, if not itll all be transmitted through the wheel bolts and that wont be goof for them. Also as the wheel bolts wont be a perfect fit it might move about a bit giving rubbish braking qualitys and possibly making the wheels feel unbalanced.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 05:53 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The center bore should be 65.1mm

Take them back if they aint a good tight fit. If they fit properly then some of the force is transmitted through the center lip, if not itll all be transmitted through the wheel bolts and that wont be goof for them. Also as the wheel bolts wont be a perfect fit it might move about a bit giving rubbish braking qualitys and possibly making the wheels feel unbalanced.

Thanks for the reply.

I can't even take them back now because it's out of the 7 day returns policy. Gahhhh.

Thanks for your help anyway guys. Off to the shop I go...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new disc brake Rear beam pioneer DJ paddy 8 2,514 22-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Last Post: pioneer DJ paddy
  306 HDI Rear Disc Brake to Drum Brake Setup Switch MY95 18 5,676 01-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Need: Rear brake hoses and handbrake cable - disc ginge191 43 8,356 06-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Last Post: ginge191