Ph1 xud in to ph3 hdi shell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 xud in to ph3 hdi shell
So very tempted on using my phase 1 d turbo to convert the crappy hdi Wink Popcorn

So with my d turbo being phase one is it still a straight swap. Will the wireing loom be a straight swap? what about the in tank stuff?

I no i will need some different clocks what clocks will i need? why wont the phase 1 clocks fit ?

The hdi has abs and the d turbo dosent how do i go about that?

What else do i need to no?

Comments and help welcome thanks in advance Smile

Thanks given by:
JJ did this recently you ought to look at his thread, dum dum helped out, i think wiring is fine . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 08:22 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: JJ did this recently you ought to look at his thread, dum dum helped out, i think wiring is fine . .Smile

Yer looked at it but pretty sure he used a phase 2 d turbo, just wondered if there is any difference between the phase 1/2??

Thanks given by:
looms should be same mate
abs will be fine engine loom has nothing to do with that.
you may need a different in tank sender depending what one yours has bein a late ph1 it may have the correct one the hdi clocks work just have no tach the ph1 ones have i different connection on the back so ph2 ones will needed if you want a tacho gauge.

if you need to know any thing / want me to have a look just text me mate
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 08:27 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(29-04-2013, 08:22 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: JJ did this recently you ought to look at his thread, dum dum helped out, i think wiring is fine . .Smile

Yer looked at it but pretty sure he used a phase 2 d turbo, just wondered if there is any difference between the phase 1/2??

no i don't think he did mate phase 3 iirc . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Cheese is correct
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Like I say mate im sure a few of us will be happy to help.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
He used my old ph2 dturbo for the engine
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 08:48 AM)ash23 Wrote: looms should be same mate
you may need a different in tank sender depending what one yours has bein a late ph1 it may have the correct one the hdi clocks work just have no tach the ph1 ones have i different connection on the back so ph2 ones will needed if you want a tacho gauge.

Thanks ash you will be the one helping the most i think LOL i dont mind getting my hands dirty but never changed an engine before lol Defo would need you to look at the in tank sender.... What is the in tank sender??? lol is that what controls the fuel gauge or is that the thing that lifts the fuel out?

(29-04-2013, 08:57 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Like I say mate im sure a few of us will be happy to help.

Thanks tbh didnt expect any one to offer to help as im not "popular" person on here but i will do a meet think when i no its happening for certain, as few of you no i change my mind daily LOL!

(29-04-2013, 08:49 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(29-04-2013, 08:27 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:

I thought the d turbo he took the engine out of was a phase 2 and it went in to the phase 3

(29-04-2013, 09:06 AM)declantg Wrote: He used my old ph2 dturbo for the engine

Thought so Wink

Thanks given by:
I think the only difference between the 2 engines are that the ph2 has a extra water pipe at the back of the block for the header tank
Thanks given by:
sender is just for the fuel gauge mate
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 09:09 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(29-04-2013, 08:48 AM)ash23 Wrote: looms should be same mate

Thanks ash you will be the one helping the most i think LOL i dont mind getting my hands dirty but never changed an engine before lol Defo would need you to look at the in tank sender.... What is the in tank sender??? lol is that what controls the fuel gauge or is that the thing that lifts the fuel out?

(29-04-2013, 08:57 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Like I say mate im sure a few of us will be happy to help.

Thanks tbh didnt expect any one to offer to help as im not "popular" person on here but i will do a meet think when i no its happening for certain, as few of you no i change my mind daily LOL!

(29-04-2013, 08:49 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(29-04-2013, 08:27 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Yer looked at it but pretty sure he used a phase 2 d turbo, just wondered if there is any difference between the phase 1/2??

I thought the d turbo he took the engine out of was a phase 2 and it went in to the phase 3

(29-04-2013, 09:06 AM)declantg Wrote: He used my old ph2 dturbo for the engine

Thought so Wink

Yeah we know you change your mind. End of the day we do moan at you but its just our opinion on things. Just dont do it between 14th-21st cos im on holiday lol
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah i get you now Chris, i meant it went into a phase 3 and you meant it came out of a phase 2 lol . . . . doesn't make any odds anyway phase 1&2 are pretty much the same .Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 09:38 AM)ash23 Wrote: sender is just for the fuel gauge mate

Oh will need you to have a look then some time see if mine is right one if not will get looking for clocks and sender unit.

Is there any thing else i will need??

can you use the heater matrix pipe off the hdi(the 2 pipes that come off the engine on to the bulk head)?? cos the one on the d turbo is fooked Wink

Also what about imobliser on the hdi, will that affect any thing?

(29-04-2013, 09:19 AM)aggyj17 Wrote: I think the only difference between the 2 engines are that the ph2 has a extra water pipe at the back of the block for the header tank

Could i use my phase 1 rad?? as it only just had a new nissens one so if i can swap that over at same time would be good

Thanks given by:
i think that's all you will need to get as a extra the matrix pipes are different but i have some out my black one.

immo isn't a problem

can swap to ph 1 rad as well just need some brackets (cable ties) to hold the top iirc

oh exhaust swell hdi down pipe is different but that's not a problem just take the one of the dt
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 10:18 AM)ash23 Wrote: i think that's all you will need to get as a extra the matrix pipes are different but i have some out my black one.

immo isn't a problem

can swap to ph 1 rad as well just need some brackets (cable ties) to hold the top iirc

oh exhaust swell hdi down pipe is different but that's not a problem just take the one of the dt

Rad is held on with some wire in d turbo any way lol Will need them heater matrix pipes of you then to save them me till i got some more money if that ok? , yer was gona put exhaust of the d turbo on it just cut the down pointer of and get a chrome tip for it.

Thanks given by:
yeah that's not a problem mate also got a few other things that would help like power steering fluid ect.
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 11:07 AM)ash23 Wrote: yeah that's not a problem mate also got a few other things that would help like power steering fluid ect.

Ok mate nice one text you back any way Wink

Thanks given by: