Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Maggie Thatcher. National Iconic Leader
(17-04-2013, 06:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: But on the up side now that shes dead all the coal miners will be able to go back to work and be happy in their little pits mining away like happy little Christmas elves.

Oh no wait.

Thats never gonna happen is it, nobody wants to be coal mining do they, its dark dangerous hard work, the jobless of today don't do hard work, they've got machines for that shit now anyway.

That's the difference between the country 30 years ago and now. Miners were grafters that wanted better treatment. The "benefit scroungers" have it on a plate and if, for instance, there were no shelf stacking jobs left because Cameron closed the shops.. noone would give a shit. Because it would be a great excuse to spend more days on benefits rather than putting in a shift.

30 years ago if the mines reopened and Thatcher died, there'd be even bigger parties than there are now, and the vast majority would go straight back to work. To them a job was the only way to support a family. These days a job seems to be viewed by many as nothing more than an inconvenience.

Off topic slightly, but the national average wage is what, £24k? I don't even earn that on my basic salary but I feel like a millionaire on payday lol I know people here though who, when I was working as a call centre manager on a mere £15k, they were earning MORE than me through claiming various benefits.

How can that be allowed?! Support these families yes, maybe provide money for a basic standard of living, but why should I spend 40 hours a week working for nowhere near enough money to pay for my own flat, never mind house, and there were people taking home double my salary by claiming with their partners, and having their rent paid for them too?

Sorry, off topic rant.

I'm all for open discussion though, it shouldn't be a touchy subject. If it gets childish then fine, lock it, but we all as adults hold our own views and should be allowed to express them providing it's not slander or libel.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: RIP Maggie Thatcher. National Iconic Leader - by cwspellowe - 17-04-2013, 06:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National 3 peaks challenge - Raising for Childrens Hospital ben306 0 1,398 13-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Last Post: ben306