RIP Maggie Thatcher. National Iconic Leader

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Maggie Thatcher. National Iconic Leader
Just a tribute thread to a great leader and a tragic loss Sad

The greatness she did for us as a leader will never be forgotten.

Rest In Peace Iron Lady. f*ck the haters
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
/popcorn
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 09:34 AM)Just Sean Wrote: /popcorn

Haha exactly that. I look forward to the amount of people that comment on here chatting shit when most of us weren't old enough to be sperm when she was in power. Just people jumping on the bandwagon!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Im old enough to remember the shit we went through when she was in power and she was a 1st class lady garden!
She was the ruin of this country full stop!

Ding dong the witch is dead!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 09:46 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: Im old enough to remember the shit we went through when she was in power and she was a 1st class lady garden!
She was the ruin of this country full stop!

Ding dong the witch is dead!

Cu*nt. no matter what she did wrong, I still think people are being complete wankers celebrating her death. She was still a person and part of a family.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 09:47 AM)Niall Wrote: Cu*nt. no matter what she did wrong, I still think people are being complete wankers celebrating her death. She was still a person and part of a family.

This!
Thanks given by:
Speaking ill of the dead is immoral and wrong.

Any further of this will see posts deleted and people receiving warnings.
Thanks given by:
End of the day still someone's mum gran etc
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 09:53 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Speaking ill of the dead is immoral and wrong.

Bit far?

Freedom of speech and all that.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 10:08 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 09:53 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Speaking ill of the dead is immoral and wrong.

Bit far?

I don't think it's too far. As said, she was a person. I'm sure if a family member of yours died and your neighbours had a street party to celebrate it, you wouldn't be happy!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 10:08 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Bit far?

Nope not at all, people should leave off the dead as they cant defend themselves especially when most people here would never of complained about her during her life.

Its Immoral to speak ill of the dead.
Thanks given by:
Let's keep it nice and clean people don't want nasty comments Smile In fairness quoting someone on Facebook she had more balls than this muppet we have now
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 09:47 AM)Niall Wrote: Cu*nt. no matter what she did wrong, I still think people are being complete wankers celebrating her death. She was still a person and part of a family.

Agree....I said exactly the same on another forum, she wasnt my favourite person either but like you say too, she was still a wife, mother, grandmother and did her job the way she saw fit

There's a lot of sick f*cks out there....the womens dead ffs!
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 10:10 AM)Niall Wrote:

Bit far?

I don't think it's too far. As said, she was a person. I'm sure if a family member of yours died and your neighbours had a street party to celebrate it, you wouldn't be happy!

No I wouldn't be happy but deleting posts and giving out warnings for something like this just doesn't sit right with me.

There will obviously be those who liked her and those who were against her but censoring it is bad I think. On another forum I use they try not to do things like that and it's started quite a good debate I feel. I personally have no opinion on her, not old enough, but did learn a few things from the debate.

EDIT: Not saying it's right to celebrate her death btw.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 10:11 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: Let's keep it nice and clean people don't want nasty comments Smile In fairness quoting someone on Facebook she had more balls than this muppet we have now

That woman had a lot more balls than all the leaders we've had since. Seeing as I didn't live through her time in power, I don't think I'm in a position to comment on what she did to this country. For all we know, we could be substantially worse off now if she hadn't of done some of the things she did.

(12-04-2013, 10:14 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 10:10 AM)Niall Wrote:

Bit far?

No I wouldn't be happy but deleting posts and giving out warnings for something like this just doesn't sit right with me.

There will obviously be those who liked her and those who were against her but censoring it is bad I think. On another forum I use they try not to do things like that and it's started quite a good debate I feel. I personally have no opinion on her, not old enough, but did learn a few things from the debate.

EDIT: Not saying it's right to celebrate her death btw.

Yeah but you forget that on this forum, people will get very argumentative. Best to leave it as dum has said and then we can hopefully have a sensible debate about it.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 10:14 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: On another forum I use they try not to do things like that and it's started quite a good debate I feel. I personally have no opinion on her, not old enough, but did learn a few things from the debate.

This isn't another forum though.

6 months ago nobody cared about discussing what a prime minister had done for the country 20-30 years ago and the rights and wrongs of that and in 6 months time nobody will either. Her death has mate a load of twenty somethings sudden experts on politics that happened when they were so young they couldn't say the word politics and the only things they have to say is Chinese whispers that they have heard from other twenty somethings that are suddenly experts on politics that happened when they were so young they couldnt say the word politics and the only things they have to say is chineese whispers that they have heard etc. This is the reason its the wrong time to discuss this.

I am gonna clean this thread shortly.
Thanks given by:
Reading on bbc news it seems she did what had to be done in terms of the unions that were striking every other day and putting the UK in a bad light internationally and changed the uk to service industry rather than manufacturing
Like Niall says there wasn't even close to being about when she was in charge so it could have been worse if having to living with it all
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Im not a fan of hers but im not celebrating her death. Some people are just jumping on the bandwagon and making things worse. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but id rather not have their opinions in my face!
Thanks given by:
Don't clean it dumdum. Think people will take notice of your massive thread from now on
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
meh couldnt care less just another face in the crowd to me.........

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
what about the 30 somethings that know she was an evil, divisive, elitist C**t and don't have to read the history books to try and find out if she was bad or not? . . . . . she was spawn of satan and you can all have your "opinions" but i lived through it and remember, there's a reason people are partying, it's a bit shallow partying for me, but all those from mining communities are within their rights, they were only trying to get a fair shake and had their lives destroyed, i did raise a glass in her passing and not in fond memory either . lol

rant over . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 10:53 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: what about the 30 somethings that know she was an evil, divisive, elitist C**t and don't have to read the history books to try and find out if she was bad or not? . . . . . she was spawn of satan and you can all have your "opinions" but i lived through it and remember, there's a reason people are partying, it's a bit shallow partying for me, but all those from mining communities are within their rights, they were only trying to get a fair shake and had their lives destroyed, i did raise a glass in her passing and not in fond memory either . lol

rant over . . .

Hardly fair to celebrate her death though is it? Despite what she may of done right or wrong, no one can deny she only had the countries best interests at heart but no politician will ever please everyone!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 09:34 AM)Just Sean Wrote: /popcorn

Woh woh woh.. hold the obituaries, why the hell doesn't this get a warning!? Dodgy
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
How do you know he didn't?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 10:59 AM)Niall Wrote: How do you know he didn't?

he would've moaned like a little lady; its standard post-popcorn-warning behaviour
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
My personal favourites since this news story:

http://whydopeoplehatethatcher.com/

Speaking on behalf of my generation, many of us were well aware of the horrific things she did before she went and popped her clogs, it's just that people are more vocal about it now that it's a major news story. If all of the major news networks are going to shove it down our throats, we're bound to respond, are we not?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I'm too young to know what she did and or care so

Popcorn
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 10:30 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Reading on bbc news it seems she did what had to be done in terms of the unions that were striking every other day and putting the UK in a bad light internationally and changed the uk to service industry rather than manufacturing
Like Niall says there wasn't even close to being about when she was in charge so it could have been worse if having to living with it all

I read on DS, that strike was called after an employee was told off for for spending 30 minutes in the toilet.

Also stories about the NUM are shocking. Not sure how true any of this is though, but if it is, she did the right thing breaking the union stranglehold.
Thanks given by:
bin larden was a father and part of a family did people celebrate his death?????? errrrrrrrrrrrm

YES
its just another person dont really have a argument exepct people die every minuete of everyday its part of life...............
but i also think people have the right to speak there mind and say what they want everyone intittled to there opinion and i dont think its fair how people will get warnings for speaking there minds.......
Thanks given by:
i wasn't a fan of her, never heard anything positive about her either, to me her death doesn't really bother me, but i do feel for her family. at the end of the day someones lost their mum and gran.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National 3 peaks challenge - Raising for Childrens Hospital ben306 0 1,389 13-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Last Post: ben306