How much would this lot cost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much would this lot cost
Still looking for an XUD 306... I've found one that needs work, its an S reg XUD 'S' model. How much would this lot cost to do? I'd do it myself so looking for parts costs roughly please.

-heather matrix
-complete exhaust system inc downpipe/flexi
-strip and replace rear brakes
-new front brakes
-replacement drivers seat
-replacement turbo
-head gasket swap related parts

thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Really depends if all work is carried out by yourself or a garage
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Tbf unless its like 50 quid I would carry on looking, if your extremely confident with these engines your looking at about 2 full days of work.

You can pick up some nice examples with tax and test for under 500 pounds pretty easily enough thesedayst
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
As i posted, i'd do it myself so looking for parts costs roughly
Thanks given by:
I'm semi rebuilding an xud lump ATM ready for my conversion, have spent over £150 easily on gaskets alone,
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
And changing the heater matrix is my most hated job in the world, hours of stripping the dash to do something that takes 2 minutes to replace
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ahhh yep I misserae that, in doing everything yourself IMO your looking at at least £500 in parts. Biggest part will be rebuilding the hg. As it will be hg, head studs, and you will want it skimmed, want to do Cambelt at the same time, and water pump.
Thanks given by:
You'll also always be paying a little more for insurance because it's the 's' version, maybe not much extra but it's there as a cost
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
What Matt said, new cambelt, aux belt, head studs, head gasket, camshaft oil seal, sump gasket, rocker cover gasket.

Then you have the bottom end to consider!

But what I have spent, is 100% worth the knowledge I'm getting from doing this, can't wait to hear its first start up!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
that car is worth 0. or scrap value
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What piggy said, I wouldn't pay any more than £200 for an xud like that. Regardless of the "s"

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I bought my cossack with tax n test for £250.
needed a rad...thats it.
had four new bridgestone tyres on speedlines too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
But it's all down to the seller,

Usually you find the younger people try selling it for higher prices, older people just look at it and think it's a pile of French shit

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Old people have lots of money and nothing to spend it on, so they don't see resale value in cars, they just want rid of them when they buy a new one.

Also I wouldn't want a dturbo s....that's the one with the awful green seats isn't it lol!
Thanks given by:
I paid 150 for my DT, was immaculate when I bought it, with 6 months mot.
Gearbox is starting to fail, but that's only because I've abused this car everyday since owning it in December lol
Thanks given by:
It'll cost more that the car is worth unless you do it yourself with,all scrap yard parts.
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2013, 07:22 PM)no2lurch Wrote: *snip*
-heather matrix
*snip*

Is that the one that smells really nice? Tongue
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Id argue its worth it myself, at least youll know its tip top for years to come.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Also unless you've worked on 306's before and know where the bolts are and how stuff comes off you'll struggle to do all that in 2days. My first heater matrix took me probably a day and a half. Turbo change is a good few hours if you havent done one before. Brakes alround is another 4 hours. Exhaust is another hour, unless you have ramp/pit. Then headgasket related parts? f*cking hell Does it still see worth buying after all that? :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'm speaking as someone who has pretty much rebuilt a car from the ground up, so yeah haha. :p
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I removed the matrix from my HDi today...and found a pound coin inside lol, no wonder the matrix didnt fit properly and cracked the matrix housing! lol

I can now see why they broke EVERYTHING in the process of doing the matrix change though, as theres so much that needs removing to get to it. A bit of time and care and they may not have broken everything, but I personally wouldn't go the hassle of a matrix change after virtually doing half by stripping it.

There must be better cars around, even if you have to pay £200 more for one thats fully working I'd say its more than worth it to avoid the matrix change alone! Then again, I know its each to thier own, I'd never bother buying a broken car as I don't keep them long enough to warrant the fixing costs, but I know other people have different ideas about that. Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2013, 07:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Old people have lots of money and nothing to spend it on, so they don't see resale value in cars, they just want rid of them when they buy a new one.

Also I wouldn't want a dturbo s....that's the one with the awful green seats isn't it lol!

That's rather a sweeping statement. I put all my money into my house, that's why I drive a cheap cheerful hdi. Wait til you have a mortgage to contend with!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I don't class you as old Simon! lol

I was meaning people like my nans age, 70+!!
Thanks given by:
I'll let you off then you cheeky whippersnapper!

Mortgage ftl!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Haha...you're not even as old as my dad btw.... Tongue. You're only as old as you.feel anyway. Wink
Thanks given by:
not worth much when you have those problems!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House moving cost cpikey316_ 22 4,748 30-07-2016, 06:20 AM
Last Post: cpikey316_
  How Much Has Your Car Cost You? Toms306 40 5,785 24-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Residential parking cost Orta 16 3,772 30-12-2014, 06:56 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam