POLICE SMASH MY CAR UP!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POLICE SMASH MY CAR UP!
I drove into london for first time yesterday....sorted parking ahead of time, parked in a carpark, paid, and walked top kentish town to see my wife and I's faveband...Walk Off the Earth...

awesome, great gig...

At 11:20pm, I return to my car to see a swarm of cops around the carpark...and this...

[Image: 20130406_230814_zps3d10634d.jpg]
[Image: 20130406_230403_zpsf7837340.jpg]

the Police thought the clear containers of veg oil on my back seat was a bomb....

so it seems when you think there is a bomb in a car...the smart thing to do is smash the drivers window.

I got a rollocking, it was all MY fault, and left to clear all the glass up and drive the 2.5hrs home, with no drivers window.
Apparently I was lucky to not have had my car blown up.

I did not...and dont now feel lucky.

I am NOT happySad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Jesus!!!! That's insane! Perhaps they could have phoned you and spoke to you like a human!?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
exactly!!!!
Or thought about it before smashing the drivers window...or any window for that matter
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 08:27 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Jesus!!!! That's insane! Perhaps they could have phoned you and spoke to you like a human!?

haha how sheltered are you ginge? where would they get the number from in such a short time and hows the conversation going to go?

"hello Mr ******. We're phoning from the met police. We believe you have a bomb in your car? Do you?"

Seems harsh but when you consider how often these sort of things are found in london, it is understandable.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If flip my lid!! Get them to pay for it? File complaints! Completely out of order! I keep veg cans all the time on the back seat, never have I experienced this!
Thanks given by:
maybe you should of put the oil in the boot
to late now though

serious shit though man, someone must have reported the car though

lol......."smirks"
Thanks given by:
they said they had been there for a couple of hours....Im sure in that time they could have got my number...

this is the police after all....records...dvla etc etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 08:30 AM)ginge191 Wrote: If flip my lid!! Get them to pay for it? File complaints! Completely out of order! I keep veg cans all the time on the back seat, never have I experienced this!

Yeah sure they will pay for it........

You forget ginge they are well within their rights to do this if they feel it necessary. They dont just go round doing it because they feel like it.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 08:30 AM)cully Wrote: maybe you should of put the oil in the boot
to late now though

lol......."smirks"

boot was full of oil already!!!

was a local bobby who spotted it

(07-04-2013, 08:31 AM)Niall Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 08:30 AM)ginge191 Wrote: If flip my lid!! Get them to pay for it? File complaints! Completely out of order! I keep veg cans all the time on the back seat, never have I experienced this!

You forget ginge they are well within their rights to do this if they feel it necessary. They dont just go round doing it because they feel like it.

so its the smart thing to do???

coz smashing a window on a car rigged with explosives is smart
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 08:32 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 08:30 AM)cully Wrote: maybe you should of put the oil in the boot
to late now though

lol......."smirks"

boot was full of oil already!!!

was a local bobby who spotted it

(07-04-2013, 08:31 AM)Niall Wrote:

so its the smart thing to do???

coz smashing a window on a car rigged with explosives is smart

The police arent stupid. They do have procedures for this sort of shit. Granted i do feel for you because clearing up broken glass is horrible and you now need a new window but theres no point being pissed off about it because you will never get it paid for so just deal with it.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
soo
oil + peroxide + sodium nitrate + detonator = boom!

why are you carrying so much oil anyway is there any need unless you just bought it
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 08:36 AM)cully Wrote: why are you carrying so much oil anyway is there any need unless you just bought it

This
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 08:29 AM)Niall Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 08:27 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Jesus!!!! That's insane! Perhaps they could have phoned you and spoke to you like a human!?

haha how sheltered are you ginge? where would they get the number from in such a short time and hows the conversation going to go?

"hello Mr ******. We're phoning from the met police. We believe you have a bomb in your car? Do you?"

Seems harsh but when you consider how often these sort of things are found in london, it is understandable.

You have phone numbers registered to your insurance. 5 minutes of ringing and you'll soon have a name, number, background etc.
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 08:46 AM)ginge191 Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 08:29 AM)Niall Wrote:

You have phone numbers registered to your insurance. 5 minutes of ringing and you'll soon have a name, number, background etc.

Some people do.....and anyway even if they did get your correct number, what the hell were they going to ask you?
"oh can you come and unlock your car so we can look at the suspected bomb on your back seats"? If they suspect there is a bomb, they wont want you to know that they know its there. For all they know, you might be able to detonate it from where you are.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Was it just beat cops or the actually bomb squad? When you got back could you walk right up to the car?
Thanks given by:
You are lucky they didn't blow it up! Seriously, that is what they do with the remote controlled robot. All you have to worry about is a broken window now! Not sure why you need to carry so much veg oil with you, can't be good for your fuel economy but not to worry! They should pay for a replacement window though, cue Niall being a twat as usual!
Thanks given by:
Mate, as infuriating this is for you buddy imagine if it was someone else's car ok?:

You spot some oil drums sitting on the back seat of someones car, the threat of terrorist attack is still real. Echoes of IRA conflicts happening around the UK; you would question the contents of someones car - especially if the vehicle is in a vulnerable location.
Now you are not going to ring up the 'terrorist' and question about what's in his vehicle (lets just face it, if it's on a remote detonation and he knows it's been spotted, he might as well get more for his effort knowing someone is there! BOOM - trigger time!).

As an ex Soldier trained in such tasks; Seeing a vehicle heavily laden and with such things on display i would be calling the bomb squad in.
At least it's windows and (i presume) no other major damage was done. You are quite frankly (lucky) they didn't blow it up.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
This is insane! The world we live in today though ehh?

Ill be putting my containers in the boot from now on..
Thanks given by:
Flol

This has amused me this morning, and I'm going to agree with Niall.
You are very lucky it's just a window and you still had a car to be driven home.

Think about it, a car registered 2.5 miles away, in the middle of a carpark, with an unknown fluid in clear containers, of course they are gunna be paranoid about it being a bomb.

Should have left them in the boot or in the cardboard boxes they sell them in that say veg oil on them
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Unlucky... that's London for yo...I can imagine if you forget your shopping on one of their buses by the next stop the bomb squads on its way... so them containers would definitely rouse suspicion

Don't quite see what popping the drivers window achieved for them like

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Lolz, unlucky, but yeah, nialls right. See a car with a ton of suspicious looking liquid in the back seats in central London, the police aren't gunna try and contact the owner, terrorism is still a pretty real threat in london. Just be glad you still have a car and be glad that there are still the police there willing to risk their lives to keep the rest of us safe.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Go smash there cop car Windows and say you fear there might be a bomb in there. Arseholes. I don't have any bootspace usually so all my fuel cans go on the back seats, Footwells ect. People cant say you shouldn't have them there ill put my stuff whereever I dam well like in my own car tbh
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 09:28 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: Go smash there cop car Windows and say you fear there might be a bomb in there. Arseholes. I don't have any bootspace usually so all my fuel cans go on the back seats, Footwells ect. People cant say you shouldn't have them there ill put my stuff whereever I dam well like in my own car tbh

Then like the op, if you parked in London at night, would be at risk of having your car blown up lol
It's not the fact that he put the on the back seats or wherever, it's to do with a suspicious fluid.

Tbh like Sam said, be glad that a copper was willing to risk his life to save others, Christ I know if I was in that situation i would have done one the other way. f*ck putting a window through on a car that might have a bomb in it
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Really feel 4 ya mate!! But you are really lucky they didn't blow your car up!! My dad is ex bomb disposal and has destroyed a far few cars in his time because of "suspect" packages!! Giggity!!
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 09:28 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: Go smash there cop car Windows and say you fear there might be a bomb in there. Arseholes. I don't have any bootspace usually so all my fuel cans go on the back seats, Footwells ect. People cant say you shouldn't have them there ill put my stuff whereever I dam well like in my own car tbh
That's a real shitty attitude to have. Who is to say that there couldn't have been a real bomb in there? Could you imagine if a bomb went off in a built up area of London, and the police turned around and said they knew but didn't do anything about it as people can put their possessions where they like in their cars, and they just thought it was vegetable oil? There is no way that they were to know that it wasn't something dangerous or threatening as it wasn't clearly labelled (even if it was clearly labelled it would still be preferable for them to err on the side of caution).

I'm not surprised you're pissed, cleaning broken glass is a massive ball-ache and it's not nice to come back to, but you can't blame the police for doing their job. They also cannot phone you to discuss it, as Niall said it takes time to get hold of a number, but would you really want to f*ck around with trying to contact insurance companies or the DVLA while you're investigating a potential bomb. It goes without saying that you cannot then call the person and ask them if they've put a bomb in the car or alert them to the potential presence of police near the vehicle, what if they were able to detonate the bomb remotely and then knew it was the perfect time to do so as there were numerous people right next to it?

They would have broken the window as if they tried to break the lock then that's the sort of thing that could be wired to a detonator.
Thanks given by:
this is too funny . . . . . .i agree with Kyle but only because stupid stuff like this doesn't happen up North . Wink . . . .i would deffo be filing for damages from the police and i think they'll pay out too, people are giving you a hard time piggy but it isn't your fault mate, i would think twice about doing it again though down the crazy end of this fine country . .lol

when i say i agree maybe not the bit about smashing their windows lol . . .but i'm sure Kyle doesn't mean that either, just making a point . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I understand why you are annoyed Piggy. I doubt anyone on here, if it happened to them, would be able to take this on the chin.
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
maaaan that sucks! bet you were bloody freezing driving all the way back to the cotsworlds Sad

i appreciate the sedan a little bit more now though, no way of seeing whats in the boot
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
You all have very short memorys!

It's not so long ago that the bombs went off on Haymarket, believe it or not a plain non descript older cars, not registered locally and with drums of liquid on the back seat and in the boot parked near to night spots. How are they to know that it isn't a bomb? Leave it and see if it explodes?

They wont call the owner because even if we could get the number what's to say they still own it, it's not on false plates and it's not someone looking to kill police officers by setting off the bomb when the police are near the car. They might of sent your local force round to your house to check if you knew of the whereabouts but you'd of been out.

The final thing is there is terrorists in this country FACT. They want to disturb the British way of life FACT. London will be the likely target when the next bombs come FACT.

Just like leaving a suitcase in a train station causes a security alert leaving your car possibly looking like a car bomb will do the same thing. But hey, if you feel you've been wronged then feel free to complain. The number for the met and the ipcc are online.
Thanks given by:
Can't say fairer than that tbh.

I can understand why you're pissed, would be pretty annoying. That said, if you're going to park your car in London and leave it looking like it's rigged... Put that one down to experience mate, at least you'll have a funny story for parties. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  police thebluepearl 77 18,422 23-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Motorway police... rtha6551 52 14,028 04-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Matt
Thumbs Up PROOF THE POLICE ONLY USE THE BEST CARS joelww 16 4,436 26-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark