ball joint removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ball joint removal
Trying to change my front ns hub here but stuck on getting the ball joint out. any tips?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
At the back if where it goes thru is a split, drive a wedge into that and open up the hub slightly
Thanks given by:
Take it off the strut first as well, gives a lot more movement then you can turn it backwards so its easier to open up the slit at the back.
Thanks given by:
Take the pinch bolt out, leave strut connected and batter the wishbone with the sledge... soon gets it out!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
But it doesn't....the wishbone pushes back up and fights against you unless the bushes are f*cked....
Thanks given by:
A yes you are correct Tom, I batter it till it pops down the first bit, then a crowbar to pop it fully!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
That's fair enough, but you've gotta be pretty strong.to pop that last bit. Which I'm not lol, do I find it easier the way above. But whatever works for you is good. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Give it a spray of wd40 too
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
a big lever bar and hammer are your best friends for this job
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I normally just smash the granny out the wishbone with the club hammer until it comes down.
Thanks given by:
I put a big bar over the bottom arm and under the sub frame and just jump on it! Just mind the drive shaft doesn't pull out the gearbox
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ball joint/ Hub to strut pinch bolts Uberderv 7 2,409 04-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  fitting a front suspension ball joint impotentials 3 2,021 29-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Bottom ball joint sizes Xsikid 4 1,643 04-05-2016, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Paul_13