Mid section differences?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid section differences?
Can anyone tell me what the differences are in the mid-section of the exhaust between the estate and hatch? All the images and diagrams I've found basically look the same.

The cat split on my car last weekend so had the perfect justification to the missus to make a start on the mods a so a Hoffman decat was delivered today, and the car was straight up on the lift and got the job done. The back box is rusting through on the hangars but my middle box is in good nick so was thinking of ordering the Hoffman race tube and then putting the middle box as the back box, but when I phoned the seller he said it won't fit on the estate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350758832935?s...1423.l2661 as far as I can tell image wise it's got all the bends in the right places and looks about right so can anyone let me know the exact differences or wether it can be made to fit anyway?
Thanks given by:
The mid pipe is exactly the same as the hatch....its just the backbox that changes.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom :-) That's what I thought but the fella was adamant they were different but couldn't specify how. Oh well looks like I'll get one of them then and get on with it.
Thanks given by:
No they are different. Had both side by side.

But if your going to make up your own rear section it won't really matter tbh.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Check one of my topics. That's a hatch mid section fitted as a backbox and the body up to the rear Axel is the same so the exhaust will be
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2013, 12:01 AM)Chris Wrote: No they are different. Had both side by side.

But if your going to make up your own rear section it won't really matter tbh.

Oh really? Well I've learnt something then lol.

Whats different about them? They look the same separate, have never had two side by side though.
Thanks given by:
im pretty sure teh centre pipes are different Sad
Thanks given by:
Hmmm. Was hoping for a easy bolt on job to keep things tidy then just to tinker with the rear section a little bit, but nearly £50 is a expensive gamble at the moment for a maybe fit, the images all look the same, will see how much is left at end of month and might give it a whirl, then again might just go down the scrappy and see if I can just pick up another middle section to play with.
This is the last month of my totally horrific insurance premium anyway so hopefully next month onwards will be able to start making some decent progress with the car, only looking for a cheap semi permanent fix at the moment and the Hoffman stuff seemed a safe bet, target is to get a full stainless longlife system put on it eventually.
Thanks given by:
How much? I used car parts for less got one delivered for 19.20 something to my door
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
That's an obscene price for what it is - mild steel, no box and crush bends? No ta...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hdi gearbox visual differences Bananalad 3 2,901 14-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Ruan