Royal Fail Prices...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royal Fail Prices...
Evening,

Well I don't know if everyones aware of this but recently the royal mail postage prices for packets has changed!

Now there is a choice between 'small' packet and 'medium'. Small packets must be less than 8cm deep. Less than a kilo and a small packet is £3, for 1st class, which is what it was before anyway. However over 8cm deep now costs £5.20second or £5.65 first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dodgy

What a f*cking rip off! Its now cheaper to courier stuff larger than a small packet. Confused

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Anyway, maybe you all know and I've missed it but if not, you've been warned lol.

Tom
Thanks given by:
Right, but a courier can turn up at your house any time between 8am and 6pm usually, and in my case i've had couriers who couldn't get a parking space and just never bothered turning up.

Also couriers aren't THAT cheap any more. I remember I used to pay about £5/6 for a small parcel (up to 30cmx30x30 ish) but now the cheapest seems to be over £8
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Royal mail are silly with their prices now, avoid them when posting anything now apart from basic letters. Don't understand how myhermes can do it for so much less
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Because Hermes are wank and it takes up to a week to deliver?

Best service I've used is Collect+, dirt cheap, cost me £4 to send a set of Bosch injectors to NI after I realised i'd been done on postage through eBay. I said i'd post 24h courier on the listing, saw the costs for delivering to NI, purchased Collect+ instead lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well maybe the couriers are shite up North then... Tongue

Hermes are still cheapest, £4 for a small parcel for 3-5 days, I know not everyone likes Hermes though, and I have also had problems with them in the past. However I've had more problems with royal mail tbh, and they also turn up at any time lol, doesnt seem to be any strict times for them to come round here.

Yodel do pretty much any parcel for £8.xx 48hr.....however I have loads moaning when i was couriering Golf parts that they were taking longer than the Hermes ones to arrive lol..hermes arrived in 3 days, Yodel '48hr' were taking longer than that despite costing twice as much. But even still, I posted wings, ARBs, PAS rack and loads of big heavy things for £7.50 with them at the time (it went up begining of this year) and IMO thats much better value than royal mail/parcel force....

Postage everywhere is stupidly high now....but why royal mail have suddenly added an extra pricing thing to thier system and an extra £2.50 on something that already cost £3 is beyond me!
Thanks given by:
Been using hermes loads and not had any problems with them, royal mail had non stop amounts of problems with. Recent example, a phone sent to me via next day delivery and screen protectors sent 2nd class. both dispatched same day, both arrived right the end of the 3rd day
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Just to update...

One item that I should've been posting with royal mail that is shoebox sized and now too large and would cost £5.20 2nd class...I've just posted with Hermes for £3.30....
Thanks given by:
Cost me £12 to send the decat
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Who with? TNT or citylink or something?
Thanks given by:
Royal fail lost a parcel that was being sent to me who knows where that's ended up
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
I honestly can't remember
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
its all shit now, cost of fuel and other running costs are really starting to hit.
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 08:33 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: its all shit now, cost of fuel and other running costs are really starting to hit.

Yeah I know the cost of fuel has a huge impact, as it does with everything else. But having to use a note to post a small parcel seems a lot!
Thanks given by:
This is probably why my manifold spacers and studs didn't get to me then!Undecided
Thanks given by:
Well if you don't like it work out the cost of taking it there yourself and suddenly it seems cheap.

Its why for larger items I often end up going and picking them up myself due to the cost of postage/courier.
Thanks given by:
cost of fuel shouldnt impact too badly if correct procedures and logistics are in place.
If theyre busy enough there should never be an empty van running from one place to another Wink
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 09:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Well if you don't like it work out the cost of taking it there yourself and suddenly it seems cheap.

Its why for larger items I often end up going and picking them up myself due to the cost of postage/courier.

(03-04-2013, 09:21 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: cost of fuel shouldnt impact too badly if correct procedures and logistics are in place.
If theyre busy enough there should never be an empty van running from one place to another Wink

This is just what I was gonna say (although with less big words....).

If I drive ONE package for a fiver I could take it 50 miles. If I have two thats only £2.50 each. Take 10 and its then only 50 pence each. And thats exactly how royal mail should work, granted thier lorries probably don't do 60mpg but with such a huge quantity of mail it'll barely cost anything each. I know you've then gotta pay wages and maintenance but if they could do it for £3 before, to almost double is taking the piss tbh...if they'd stuck 50p on I probably wouldn't have taken any notice but £2.50... Undecided
Thanks given by:
But the service has vastly improved!....Undecided

Old boss who runs the model shop is using royal fail less and less, when I worked there years ago we would send out 25ish aerosol spray paints every week, just lately (~12 months) more and more cans have been getting perished in the hands of the royal fail...customer receives exploded aerosol can and a Jiffy bag soaked in paint haha!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Is that because you are not ment to post aerosol Lol
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2013, 09:02 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: Is that because you are not ment to post aerosol Lol

Only if it is going in an aeroplane...shouldn't matter otherwise.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
i had this it changed on the 2nd i sold a pair off babys trainers come to about 7 quid went to post then and i put them in a bag and a box and cause where the bag was folded up at the back it would fit throu as small parcel so i said i aint paying the 5quid odd for sumin ive sold for 7quid and only charged 3quid postage so had to cut it down so it went throu its hardly worth selling anything under a tenner thats small
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2013, 10:52 AM)C.A.R. Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 09:02 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: Is that because you are not ment to post aerosol Lol

Only if it is going in an aeroplane...shouldn't matter otherwise.

I ment to put only by land and sea. but royal mail do fly mail overnight (or they did on top gear lol)
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
They have ditched standard parcels altogether. It changed at the start of the month. Just a bigger rip off now.

I have just received tom's parcel no problem from hermes, I've also posted twenty odd packages with them in the last month. All delivered quickly with no problems and they have a service where you can drop it off at a participating corner shop which is win!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
£16.20 to send a First class recorded delivery today!! Only on a box weighing 5 kilos!! what a bloody joke!!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server prices vs Desktop prices silverzx 54 11,404 23-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Last Post: procta
  Royal Mail cully 18 3,625 29-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: cully
  Royal fail rage! WiNgNuTz 9 2,622 07-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Last Post: 1616six