Levelling motor removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Levelling motor removal
Was gonna swap my headlights over in the morning but I can't get the levelling motors out only seam to turn mm before hitting the plastic part the cover screws onto I'm swapping phase 2 to phase 3 by the way also how do the headlights come out aint had a propper chance to look yet
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
You have to gently ease the triangular piece up slightly so you can turn the leveller, it'll then release from the light unit and you need to then pull it so the ball joint comes free of the inside piece it connects to.

To remove the light itself you need to remove the centre grill section and the two hockey sticks. There's one torx bolts on the top of the light then one on the inner side and another below the indicator.
Thanks given by:
Got em out what's the trick to getting the phase 2 ones back in though

Levelling motor I mean
Thanks given by:
I think you're going to need a set of Ph3 levellers IIRC........I'm pretty sure they're different mate.

I may have a spare set of Ph3 ones here but I'll have to check in the morning.

If they are the same you need to hold the insides tight with one hand so you can push the ball joint back into place, you'll feel it reconnect. Then twist the adjuster back in place
Thanks given by:
I've got phase 3 levellers in the headlights already but was told I needed to swap the levelling motors over because the plugs are different is that right
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure you've got it spot on mate, the loom plugs are different between phases IIRC
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help mate ill give it a bash tommorow and see what happens lol
Thanks given by:
No worries, just make sure the ball joint on the leveller fully connects with the back of the reflector mate. Holding it with one hand and pulling it back firmly as you push the ball joint into it's slot works well. You feel/hear it when it's in properly.

Make sure you get the lights re-alligned properly once you've fitted them Wink
Thanks given by:
Will do mate ill take it to local kwik fit or somewhere like that
Thanks given by: