Fudging airbag - part 2...now fixed !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fudging airbag - part 2...now fixed !
Thumbs Down 
The fudging airbag has now been fixed, no flashing airbag light for me after a road trip !

Cully has worked his magic and the light no longer flashes!

After checking with puglove to find out if his silver DT (from which I had the airbag ECU and pretensioners) had a passenger airbag (which it did), cully then put a resistor under my top glove box in the passenger airbag orange plug..bingo it stopped the light !

He also tidied up a connection under the passenger seat which he thought was arching.

Whilst there he also wired in the light for my boooost gauge.

All in all a good day, many thanks to cully and also Connor for keeping me company on the trip Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
just a not to this!

devils fuel had tried to repair his airbag system by swapping out the ECU/pretensioners and drivers bag for replacement units from a second car,
but
the second car had a passengers airbag which he didn't fit as his own car didn't have,
yes the ecus look the same but they are programmed different
so he introduced a new fault which flashed the airbag light the same as the old fault!
Peugeot planet wouldn't connect so had to diagnose fault manually

and yes you can measure the resistance of the pretensioners with a low volt multimeter mine is 0.3V the pretensioners measured at 2.8ohms

i fitted a 1.8ohm fused resistor in the place of the missing passenger bag behind the top glove box where there is a plug for the bag

so to conclude he has a fully working system from a car that had extra bags in his car with less bags with working DIAG light and no fault lights on the dash

Be carefully guys in what you buy to repair your systems it might look the same but it might be programmed different
Thanks given by:
How the hell did you work that out Cully? Same fault light and no diag's to use.........your brain power amazes me sometimes! Confused
Thanks given by:
Because Tom most decent engineers don't rely on diagnostics. My boss would go mad if I rocked up to every job and just banged the laptop into the panel and say that's the fault when normally, it ain't!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
tom its mainly down to fault finding technique and a few years of experience from the electrical trade
then applying it to the car electrics

you need to gather all the info before jumping in with both feet Wink

i knew he had changed stuff
checked all the explosives
remade seat plugs
buypassed all the explosives
ask him to check if the new Ecu had a passenger bag?? he phoned someone
bingo! remove glovebox find connector and link Wink

at the end its only wire's and explosives Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Simples eh cully Wink

Oh and you left a pair of those fuse thingys in my car

Thanks given by:
(28-03-2013, 10:46 AM)devils_fuel Wrote: Simples eh cully Wink

Oh and you left a pair of those fuse thingys in my car

I have a constant light on now and mechanic tells me I need to replace squib. MOT is up. any miracles out there? I asked If I could just disable the Airbag but he told me it would still light up.
Thanks given by:
Cut the orange connectors off and replace with bullet or spade connectors and it should be fine, failing that tap cully up for a pair of his mods Wink

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed please delete Leemus 11 3,133 18-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Leemus
Rainbow Gearbox earth connection part FIXED Welshy_Pete 7 2,415 22-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Last Post: P-Courty
  Airbag light still on after removing and reinstalling airbag 306Puggy 28 15,681 26-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Last Post: 3gan