Thanks given by:
Don't do it mate! Lol
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2013, 09:47 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Don't do it mate! Lol

because? squaks?
Thanks given by:
Partially, they are also a very heavy caliper which in that location is unsprung weight, granted they are an easy fit but my personal opinion is that you may be better off investing in wilwood's or AP's. I have the 330mm setup and that weighs a lot less than the old standard setup doesn't squeal and feels like you can do endos!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Jamie the calipers are actually half the weight of stock gti ones, it's the discs that almost exactly make up the weight. And it's additional rotational mass being the discs
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I fitted 406 brembos few weeks ago, and they really do squeal, but worth it,
Thanks given by:
Go for it im just rebuilding a set as we speak and the squealing can be stopped with new stainless shims and decent discs
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive just got some midilite tarox 4 pots for not alot more than what 406 calipers and disks would cost
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2013, 10:53 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Go for it im just rebuilding a set as we speak and the squealing can be stopped with new stainless shims and decent discs

Does this 100% work?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
It should do, theres no reason why they should squeak if kept well maintained...however if you have track based pads/discs, expect them to squeak unless you are proper on it or on track as they will squeak until warm

I am surprised people go for the 4pot root when these cars can overcome the grip levels of the tyres with well sorted GTi brake setups
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2013, 11:12 AM)declantg Wrote:
(28-03-2013, 10:53 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Go for it im just rebuilding a set as we speak and the squealing can be stopped with new stainless shims and decent discs

Does this 100% work?

Will find out when i get round to sorting them pal having to helicoil the nipple holes as nipples snapped inside when left them with me mate to strip them for me

Should have them sorted soon so wil tell you you can buy the stainless shins on ebay mine wer missing some on the blaze and tbh think thats y she made noise but a friend has some on a 106 rebuilt them and no squeeling at all
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I swear someone mentioned the squeeling is to do with the hub

Sounds ace though hopefully sorts the squeeling
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Surely some wd40 will sort the squeel?
Thanks given by:
I've heard storys of using different types of grease stop the squaking.I'd run them with the tarox grooves.

Personally love the look of a brembo's behind the td's
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I've just greased mine up, only done about a mile since and there not squealing ATM, I will know more next week when I finish off the td04
Thanks given by:
maybe I am being dumb here....

but is the squeal not from the lack of adhesion between the pad and disc, due to them hardly having to work on such a small car on day to day drives...thus a build of brake dust, it doesnt clear as it would normally, and then the squeak?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Your right mate, I cut groves in the pads for somewhere for the dust to go,
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 07:36 PM)dturbopeck Wrote: Your right mate, I cut groves in the pads for somewhere for the dust to go,

Did it work?
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 08:16 PM)7057sam Wrote:
(29-03-2013, 07:36 PM)dturbopeck Wrote: Your right mate, I cut groves in the pads for somewhere for the dust to go,

Did it work?

Cars in bits ATM, tell you in a few days,
Thanks given by:

surely then this is evidence that these arent suited to the 306???....clearly they are just too big for the application...
yeah fine Im sure after couple laps on track but normal driving?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Dont think its to do with them being too big at all. The guys that use the renault brembos have no squealing issues at all
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It's something to do with the resonant frequency of the discs themselves iirc. Tbh it axtually sounds like no one rally knows but most are happy to offer an opinion! The tarox discs are stupidly expensive, and there are far better setups for the money you'd spend on calipers lines discs and decent pads...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Light whistling/squeaking (at walking pace)
This noise usually happens as the vehicle is coming to rest and is again typical of a pad that is just bedding in or has been under used. Again the remedy is to allow a few hundred miles for the pads to properly seat and have 100% contact surface against the disc. If the problem occurs intermittently, one good cure is to use the brake severely every day now and again on a safe secluded low traffic piece of road to “de-glaze” the surface of the brake pad. Obviously extreme caution must be used when performing this action.

SCREECHING (a loud squealing noise when applying the brakes at all times)
The usual reason for this is that the pads have not bedded in. If this has happened during the early life of fitment then it is advisable to wait 300 - 500 miles until the pads are fully bedded in. This noise is also very prevalent when the pads have been fitted to rotors that have not been turned and have grooves or scoring. This will also extend the bed in time.
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
The BREMBO on my v6 coupe squeAl from time to time!!!

And they are orginal fit!!!
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2013, 10:20 AM)swampy Wrote: The BREMBO on my v6 coupe squeAl from time to time!!!

And they are orginal fit!!!

Swampy do you do lines for these?
Thanks given by:
Of course I do chap
Thanks given by:
Il be installing mine soon, using tarrox grooved discs and swampys lines Smile

You'd need 16" wheels for the setup though sam as thats the whole reason you now have my old td's
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 10:31 PM)dturbopeck Wrote:
(29-03-2013, 08:16 PM)7057sam Wrote:

Did it work?

Cars in bits ATM, tell you in a few days,

Got my turbo on, drove car home and they did not squeak, so far so good!
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2013, 07:24 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Il be installing mine soon, using tarrox grooved discs and swampys lines Smile

You'd need 16" wheels for the setup though sam as thats the whole reason you now have my old td's

Nah bro they fit under td 15's just....Blush

With your 16's you can now do 330 brembo s.Its odd on bay at the moment you get get the calipers for less that 200 a pair but the rotors and disks will cripple you if you can still get them.person on 306gti6.com did a group buy a long time ago.

[Image: Screenshot_2013-03-31-16-27-48.png]

They fit zak Smile
Thanks given by: