Toms306s HDi Replacement...Haterz Gonna Hate!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306s HDi Replacement...Haterz Gonna Hate!
Sam I want a car without 'character' lol....parts dropping off everywhere, new things breaking each day, it was a bonus if it started in the morning. Really not the kinda character I need! But you know why I've bought it anyway as you say. Smile

Jake, the astra wasn't really big enough unless I went for the estate....but the interior and ugly centre vents put me right off, plus the fact I couldn't find one with a decent spec, was looking at a 2009 estate with a 1.3 90ps diesel and event manual mirrors for £5k. And while it woulda been a bit cheaper to run, I'd have hated it and wanted something else immediately. Shame as I prefer the astra exterior looks.
Thanks given by:
How does a guy with no job afford a £3k car???
that aside it looks clean, not really gone on these, would have one of the saab 93s with same engine in a heartbeat, drove the boss's old one n it was very quick
Thanks given by:
Hhhmm no job
Nice car
Says he walks dogs and cuts lawns for cash

My guess is drug dealing lol
Thanks given by:
Easily. I still have £2.3k left in savings from breaking the golf. The rest will come from breaking the estate hopefully. Smile

And I did look at saabs, but with less around and no dealers any more I thought it wiser to get a more common car, with a huge dealer chain.

(24-03-2013, 11:21 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: Hhhmm no job
Nice car
Says he walks dogs and cuts lawns for cash

My guess is drug dealing lol

If that was the case I'd have bought something better than a vectra! lmao
Thanks given by:
Id rather have aids than that vectra.

Cant wait for you to break it for spares.
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2013, 11:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If that was the case I'd have bought something better than a vectra! lmao

A good dealer wants to blend in just like you are doing Wink
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2013, 11:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If I had any sense I'd have bought something better than a vectra! lmao

EFA

end of the day mate if you're happy then its all good, not my cup of tea at all but thats not the point.
And on the plus side when you inevitability start moaning how shit the vectra is it will be rather amusing.

Youve got to admit tho mate it look terrible at the side of the pug!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2013, 09:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: So much more relaxing than hammering a 306 everywhere! And right now a bit of relaxation is what I've been looking for lol!

I must be diffrent.....I drive the 306 quite slow, i have my moments but not many at all....as for the c5...i drive that quite quick despite it's size....i do things arse from elbow Blush
Thanks given by:
I like it, looks like a decent car, and a bit of comfort is always nice.

I'm surprisingly fond of my Mondeo after thinking I would hate it
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 12:16 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Id rather have aids than that vectra.

Cant wait for you to break it for spares.

Wonder what'll last longer though, my vec or your cab... :point: Big Grin

(25-03-2013, 12:27 AM)Strikeforce Wrote:
(24-03-2013, 11:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If that was the case I'd have bought something better than a vectra! lmao

A good dealer wants to blend in just like you are doing Wink

ninja seems like someone knows too much. Confused

(25-03-2013, 12:32 AM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(24-03-2013, 11:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If I had any sense I'd have bought something better than a vectra! lmao

EFA

end of the day mate if you're happy then its all good, not my cup of tea at all but thats not the point.
And on the plus side when you inevitability start moaning how shit the vectra is it will be rather amusing.

Youve got to admit tho mate it look terrible at the side of te]

I'm already moaning how unreliable and fugly it is in the first post... Tongue. And I've spent the last few days complaining about the awful seat position despite it being adjustable in 8 ways.....then yesterday I found out the steering wheel can out as well as up and down haha, felt a bit thick after that. lol

And I totally agree with you, the exterior is awful....but I don't sit outside looking at my car, I sit inside it driving it, which is the bit that's much nicer than 306 imo. And actually I find the 306 is just looking really dated now. I couldn't find a decent camera angle for either car.... Confused

(25-03-2013, 01:14 AM)stu9 Wrote: [quote='Toms306' pid='240102' dateline='1364161916']So much more relaxing than hammering a 306 everywhere! And right now a bit of relaxation is what I've been looking for lol!

I must be diffrent.....I drive the 306 quite slow, i have my moments but not many at all....as for the c5...i drive that quite quick despite it's size....i do things arse from elbow Blush

Haha, each to their own I guess! Big Grin

(25-03-2013, 04:48 AM)Stephen Wrote: I like it, looks like a decent car, and a bit of comfort is always nice.

I'm surprisingly fond of my Mondeo after thinking I would hate it

Indeed it is, comfort is probably the main thing I'm liking about it atm. Not just ride comfort but I've no longer got clutch leg ache as it has a hydro clutch and my arm no longer aches from fighting the 306 steering. Yes I'm getting old, but I really couldn't care about it haha.
Thanks given by:
Did I read that right? Have you spent £3k on this thing?!

Dad had the same engine in an Astra sporthatch, they do go well, but all the punch is low down and they don't like to be revved. They really pull hard at high speed though, the limiter stops the fun at 140 ninja

Not my taste tbh. Watch the EGR valve and listen for dodgey noises from the gearbox...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 08:40 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Did I read that right? Have you spent £3k on this thing?!

Dad had the same engine in an Astra sporthatch, they do go well, but all the punch is low down and they don't like to be revved. They really pull hard at high speed though, the limiter stops the fun at 140 ninja

Not my taste tbh. Watch the EGR valve and listen for dodgey noises from the gearbox...

Yes......find me something else this new, big, comfy, well specced, powerful and cheap to run for £3k....you won't, trust me I've been looking for weeks! And don't forget, you're still looking at £3k+ for a high miler 10 year old Golf! Yes it cost more than a 306 (although not really if it was equivalent, 12 year old hdi estates are still going for £1500 amazingly) but it really is worlds apart.

Not sure why yours didn't like to be revved, mine pulls right through, so nice having a VNT powerband again after the HDi!! Big Grin

The EGR was done last year, and I've got a partial blank for it as well. The clutch and DMF are also newish, only covered about 5k miles. Smile The guy spent a lot more on the car than he sold it for when I looked through the history.
Thanks given by:
Other than the fact you have wrong colour... I like it.

Been thinking about a vectra for a while
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 09:17 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Other than the fact you have wrong colour... I like it.

Been thinking about a vectra for a while

The colour is really odd, it never looks the same lol! Confused

I don't even know what the name of it is...but it definitely isn't silver as the logbook says! Undecided I would've prefered one in Ultra Blue (same colour as JJs) but beggers can't be choosers lol, only females purchase cars due to the colour. lol

Oh and if you were still thinking about a Bora as well...Vec is much better value lol. Big Grin Down to personal preference though obviously. Smile
Thanks given by:
Bahahahahaha saw this coming from a mile off! What can I say Tom, it'll probably suit you down to the ground, hope you like it. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Please don't forget to tot up the amount you've paid for it, running costs etc then after the same period you had the pug compare.

Only fair!!!

Looks good btw. Id of got a Saab 9-3 vector sport with the same engine

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
I only see one advantage, as with the Mondeo ST my mate had...cop looka like....

ubber brill on the motorway...can scare the crap outa people.

Especially if you leave your high vis coat on from the building site!!! Rofl
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Vauxhall Opel Colour codes:

Carbon Black - 7L - 280
Glacier White - 10L- 474
Kings Blue - 22L - 269
Aruba Blue - 24L - 20A
Magma Red - 79L - 547
Corn Yellow - 3L - 40A
Premium Blue - 25L - 293
Prestige Blue - 2BU - 20Q
Breeze Blue - 80U - 20N
Verde - 31L - 389
Classic Green - 45L - 374
Kiwi Metallic - 49L - 384
Yellowstone - 52L - 492
Siam Beige - 63L - 491
Rose - 70L - 576
Star Sliver 2 - 82L - 147
Star Silver 3 - 2AU - 157
Silver Lightning - 4AU - 163
Petrol - 69L - 20M
Arden Blue - 12L - 291
Polar-sea- Blue - 13L- 282
Black Saphire - 2HU - 20R
European Blue - 2KU - 294
Carbon Black - 2UU - 280
Rubens Red - 31U - 594
Nocturno Blue - 34L - 20H
Jade Green - 32L - 387
Krypton Green - 41L - 380
Velvet Green - 46L - 359
Satin Red - 72L - 549
Midnight Black - 83L - 298
Meteor Grey - 9L - 152
Carri Yellow- 43L - 40B
Mirage - 94L - 151
Barolo Red - 99L - 592
Saturn Blue - 4BU - 21A
Ultra Blue - 4CU - 21B
Moonland - 155L - 3KU
Horizon Blue, Chinese Blue, Centenary Blue - 4ju - 21f

Should help you find the colour but looks like silver lightning to me
Thanks given by:
This is a new low Tom...give ya 4 months till its broken Wink
Thanks given by:
At least if it looks like a cop car you could pull over boy racers and offer them your drugs
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
It's a crap car if there's no cup holders...
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
So, you bought this to be more reliable than the HDi and within the first week had 2 pretty bad faults already......? Looks like a great start to your new ownership mate
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 09:51 AM)Arron Wrote: Please don't forget to tot up the amount you've paid for it, running costs etc then after the same period you had the pug compare.

Only fair!!!

Looks good btw. Id of got a Saab 9-3 vector sport with the same engine

But that'd be pointless since I didn't actually fix the HDi....it wasn't worth spending the £700 it'd need for MOT and tax. I also never said it'd be cheaper including purchase price, but why would I? Theres easily £3k worth of parts on it if it goes tits up. Smile

Plus its £200 cheaper to insure than the HDi.
£50 cheaper to tax
And its already beating the HDis mpg....and I've only driven it in temps below 3c so far lol.

Its not all about money either. If it was, I'd have bought a 1.3CDTi Corsa.

(25-03-2013, 10:04 AM)Strikeforce Wrote: Vauxhall Opel Colour codes:

Carbon Black - 7L - 280
Glacier White - 10L- 474
Kings Blue - 22L - 269
Aruba Blue - 24L - 20A
Magma Red - 79L - 547
Corn Yellow - 3L - 40A
Premium Blue - 25L - 293
Prestige Blue - 2BU - 20Q
Breeze Blue - 80U - 20N
Verde - 31L - 389
Classic Green - 45L - 374
Kiwi Metallic - 49L - 384
Yellowstone - 52L - 492
Siam Beige - 63L - 491
Rose - 70L - 576
Star Sliver 2 - 82L - 147
Star Silver 3 - 2AU - 157
Silver Lightning - 4AU - 163
Petrol - 69L - 20M
Arden Blue - 12L - 291
Polar-sea- Blue - 13L- 282
Black Saphire - 2HU - 20R
European Blue - 2KU - 294
Carbon Black - 2UU - 280
Rubens Red - 31U - 594
Nocturno Blue - 34L - 20H
Jade Green - 32L - 387
Krypton Green - 41L - 380
Velvet Green - 46L - 359
Satin Red - 72L - 549
Midnight Black - 83L - 298
Meteor Grey - 9L - 152
Carri Yellow- 43L - 40B
Mirage - 94L - 151
Barolo Red - 99L - 592
Saturn Blue - 4BU - 21A
Ultra Blue - 4CU - 21B
Moonland - 155L - 3KU
Horizon Blue, Chinese Blue, Centenary Blue - 4ju - 21f

Should help you find the colour but looks like silver lightning to me

Ah cool, I'll have to look for the code on the car now! Big Grin

(25-03-2013, 11:10 AM)DaveW Wrote: This is a new low Tom...give ya 4 months till its broken Wink

How long? It broke within a day lol! lol

(25-03-2013, 04:48 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: It's a crap car if there's no cup holders...

Theres lots of cupholders, it ain't a 306! Theres 2 near the handbrake, and two that slide out from the back seat...probably more as well but I never use cupholders so havent looked for them lol.

(25-03-2013, 05:01 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: So, you bought this to be more reliable than the HDi and within the first week had 2 pretty bad faults already......? Looks like a great start to your new ownership mate

Well yes and no. The HDi is dead and wasn't worth fixing. It now has no MOT and tax is up end of the month.

My Mum and Nan kept telling me to get a newer, more expensive car as it would be more reliable and Nan would pay for any fixes. I was eventually persuaded but think I've already proved to them that new cars aren't any more reliable. lol

Despite that, now its working it really is growing on me. And I can't get over how quiet it is inside.........I had a tesco bag on the front seat today....the plastic bag rattling was annoying me as it was the only noise in the car lol! lol
Thanks given by:
Winner winner chicken dinner on cup holders then Tom Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 05:21 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Winner winner chicken dinner on cup holders then Tom Smile

Indeed...but as said, I never use them lol. Concentrating on driving is enough, let alone trying to concentrate on drinking and not spilling as well haha.
Thanks given by:
The hdi wasnt dead you just couldn't be arsed to fix it. Im sorry but what happens when the vectra need tax and not you going to break that too?

Youve got life way to easy lad... living of your granparents inheritence. New 3k car and your gran will pay for repairs
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 05:24 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: The hdi wasnt dead you just couldn't be arsed to fix it. Im sorry but what happens when the vectra need tax and not you going to break that too?

Youve got life way to easy lad... living of your granparents inheritence. New 3k car and your gran will pay for repairs

Erm, I havent used ANY inheritance to buy the car! I havent touched it at all yet, its for moving out, nothing else. I paid for the car from the money I got breaking the Golf, and will get from breaking the HDi.

And yes the HDi is dead, I put the list of things it'd need up on a previous thread, I'm not going through it again, it wasnt financially viable to fix.

When the Vec needs tax I will tax it. If however, it shits a DMF or something, then yeah I will break it for parts.

And trust me, life is far from easy lol.
Thanks given by:
If you happy Tom thats all that counts mate Smile Looks like a nice car really, i wont be owning anything like that til im old but each to there own aha :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Some people are such idiots its hard to believe. Im really starting to go off a lot of people on this forum, primarily because of their pig ignorant attitudes. And this is just the icing on the cake;

(25-03-2013, 05:24 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: The hdi wasnt dead you just couldn't be arsed to fix it. Im sorry but what happens when the vectra need tax and not you going to break that too?

Are you actually dumb mate? Seriously, I am in disbelief.

There really was no point starting this thread Tom, no disrespect to you but you should know by now the reactions you'd get off everybody - its so predictable it funny.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough tom, personally if it was me though i'd have been looking for something with lower mileage if i was going 'new', 100k is over 'average' mileage for an 06 car.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hate facebook DeeTurbo 5 3,776 23-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Think I hate insurance Matt 26 6,111 18-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Last Post: highwayman306
  So you're not gonna believe what got delivered today. Dum-Dum 30 13,438 04-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: puglove