Project Georgina

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Georgina
I have bought this moonstone hdi off my mother for £500, is done 88,000 miles is in really good condition..

the idea of this project is too take it a step further than my currnet 3 door, it is going to have an intercooler and be stage 2 remapped, weather or not its a limited tourque is yet to be decided.

The paint isnt perfect and there is some damage to the bonnet but these can be changed.

so the plan is;
decat
lowered
paint my spare set of cyclones
get aero wipers
replace fogs with rallye blanks
dewiper the boot
intercooler
fit boost gauge
maybe get masked lights

Pics of the car

Some more pics

The first jobs me and jukie did to the car was clean it and clay bar the paint, then one layer of deep shine just to bring the paint back to shine...next we de wipered it using a saw to cut away all the plastic and it was completely stuck..
Finally we fitted a spare K&N panel filter I had lying around..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Yayerrrrrr I look horrendously fat in thos photos ........... Too many pies
Thanks given by:
cool...

"its only just beguuuun..."
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2013, 04:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: cool...

"its only just beguuuun..."

Well hence why i was messaging you about the strut brace i need to stiffen this beast up....
Thanks given by:
Polybush all round
Thanks given by:
Who Georgina ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
My current car is a 3 door moonstone called george allen for various reasons so the 5 door new car is going to be called georgina allen
Thanks given by:
Okaaayyyyyy tad random haha plans look good dude I do prefer manstone in 5 door for some reason doeant look right in 3 doors
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Awesome mileage to begin project

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
I can vouch that this car is indeed cleeeaaaaan engine bay is spotless low miles and good nick all round to be fair :-)
Thanks given by:
bargain!
Thanks given by:
Little update... the bung is now in the back window and the new washer jets have arrived for the bonnet..

Thanks given by:
Nice. Just keep all the mods quality and clean and itll look amazing Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Myself and jukie today removed the front bumper and the air box and the grill so that I can start looking at fitting my fmic. Not sure weather I will go twin pass or normal intercooler yet but its good the see what room there is to play with.
Any thoughts on whether it would be effective running a twin pass is it really noticeable?

Thanks given by:
Twinpass just makes it easier with air con so you can run both pipes past the rad on the passenger side. If you remove the air con you can get around the drivers side of the rad with a single pass, or you could always do what i did and run back across the intercooler.

Are the fans coming out?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Well I said to just take the fans out and not run them for now as I wasnt sure they were that needed jukie said I shoukd buy slimlines which im not wven sure what im kooking for..
Thanks given by:
I did point out that removing the fans altogether probs isn't a good idea and slim lines are the way forward, gives u buckets more space either side where the plastic surround is, I also said about running the piping back across the top of the intercooler as it saves space :-)
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 04:12 AM)Jukie88 Wrote: I did point out that removing the fans altogether probs isn't a good idea and slim lines are the way forward, gives u buckets more space either side where the plastic surround is, I also said about running the piping back across the top of the intercooler as it saves space :-)

Removing your fans is fine. They shouldn't really ever kick in anyway, a healthy engine shouldn't reach those temps unless you sit in traffic for ages on a scorching day
Thanks given by:
i would definitely get a slimline fan, even if its just a safety feature but i think its a bad idea not to have one atall
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Can anyone show me an example of the fans to buy I was looking around but not sure what will suit. From experiance what have people fitted?
Thanks given by:
jus need a generic electric slimline fan dude, you can either go for two 10" or a single 16"
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I've fans from my ph1 If any good. Twin
Thanks given by:
Just smash the plastic casing off the standard fans and cable tie them to the radiator. Cheep and cheerful and does the trick
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So along time since I updated this thread, the time has been spent fitting the intercooler to my new car. This is the kit, its a 2.5 piping.

So started taking off all the nessersary panels and components that would not be needed like front bumper lights bonnet and slam pannel giving loads of room to work.

Thanks given by: