306 HDI Airbag

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDI Airbag
Help please peeps

Just bought a 2001 306 HDI for work and love it, everything was working great, steering wheel was well worn so I changed for another with leather on, i did not disconnect the battery for this.

I also fixed a ton of bulbs to the dash cluster and centre console, orange wire had pulled from the radio connector block so connected that up also (dont think that will cause any problems)

Until now airbag, side airbag and seatbelt lights would light up and they would go out after a few seconds or when the seat belts were attached.

Since fitting the tidier steering wheel,
No seat belt warning light
No side airbag warning light
Airbag light stays lit constant

I have soldered the earth wires under the seat
I have checked the red and orange connectors and no matter how much they are disturbed they do not lose connection

All I can think of is either:
The airbag module is now faulty
or
Steering wheel airbag is not making a contact

Can I buy another airbag module and just plug it in or does it require linking up to the car via peugeot?

I would like toi check to see if I have a good connection from the rear plug on the squib to the airbag, can I connect the airbag and then use a continuity tester to see if there is a circuit?

I have just also found out that this is now a mot test faiulure, bugger!

Your help would be appreciated I have already spent hrs trying to resolve!

I do have a friend at a garage who has a snap on gadget for reading codes and removing them, he is unable to remove a code hence I am thinking an open circuit messing up seat belt, side airbag and airbag warning light!
Thanks given by:
I'd say if its happened since changing the wheel thats probably where the problem stems from.
Also i think using a continuity test across an airbag would be a very bad idea..
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2013, 12:26 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: I'd say if its happened since changing the wheel thats probably where the problem stems from.
Also i think using a continuity test across an airbag would be a very bad idea..

You think it could be the squib?
I did test and both wires are showing a signal, I so think its a bad connection on the orange airbag plug
Thanks given by:
I dont know much about the airbag system mate, have you tried putting your old wheel back on to see if you have the same trouble?
Do both of the connectors look okay, no corrosion or carbon buildup on the bins?
Thanks given by:
I will try the old steering wheel buddy ye
although it's exactly the same
the squib to airbag plug looks sound I am wondering if I run
a test from the back of the squib to see if there is a circuit?
any ideas if this would work
I will get the codes again on Saturday
this has drained me this week sooooooo bad!
Thanks given by:
I hear unplugging the acu with the battery disconnected
can clear the airbag fault
will try tomorrow :-(
Thanks given by:
tried unplugging the acu with battery disconnected today and it made no difference
gutted peeps!
Thanks given by:
How long did you leave the battery off for
Thanks given by:
enough time to take the steering wheel off and remove the centre console etc
maybe minimum half hour buddy
Thanks given by:
I believe my airbag on and off switch is faulty
even tho I bought one from eBay it still gives the same error codes
can I ask your views please
if I run test through the switches with my multi check the light illuminates whether the switches are on or off
do you know if the switch should not give the same result if in the off position?
many thanks
lee
the guy with the air bag problem :-(

my fault codes were
p1862
of the passengers airbag deactivation not defined
and
p106f
passenger airbag deactivation undefined
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airbag light still on after removing and reinstalling airbag 306Puggy 28 15,725 26-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Last Post: 3gan