Brakes...again...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brakes...again...
They aren't the quickest things in the world I will give you that!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had a 1.4 Meridian mate i thought it was quite nippy
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right, so im getting round to stripping out my front hub while im down there...

All bolts are loose, balljoint will come out nicely and I am waiting for my 35mm socket to arrive to get the hub off.

I have already removed the caliper and caliper mounting so when I now use my breaker bar to remove the hub nut, all the force will be going directly into the gearbox...

Is this a total fail and something I shouldnt do and do I have to rebuild my brakes and make them work on a seized caliper just to loosen the nut or should I be ok with the car in first gear and me going mental on the nut?
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Looks like you could do with going over the brake pipe union with a wire brush and use a proper flare spanner. Its the type that has a cut out large enough for a brake pipe but is nearly a ring spanner. I used to struggle along with a regular open ended spanner and was forever rounding off unions and having to resort to mole grips and such. Proper spanner almt makes it a doddle. I'd advise getting a small section of box section that you can put the wheel bolts through and that touches the floor. that way the force is on the bolts and floor. If that makes sense?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by: