Potential problem 1.8 16V on 80k

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential problem 1.8 16V on 80k
Right, help needed from you engine experts!!

Mrs went to start the car this morning, sounded like it was starting normally, but she didn't keep the key turned long enough for it to actually fire.

Car then wouldn't start for her at all (women Angel) I disconnected the battery and left it for 30 seconds, reconnected and it still wouldn't start

Quick putting on some shoes and whizzing her to work in my Saab (means I have to bloody go and get her too!!)

Got home, still wouldn't start, sounded like it was trying, so i floored the accelerator. It then slowly spluttered into life, it ran normally for the new minutes I left it.

Could it be something my mrs did? Will it work normally now? Or is something fuel pumpy/coil packy on the way out?

Haven't been out to try it since!
Thanks given by:
Had a very similar situation when we had a Zafira.... (I know, don't laugh)
Just flooding, that's all, it was the same if you started it and turned it off within a
few seconds...
Basically when starting from cold there is a lot more fuel to get it going from cold.
some say you can't flood an injection engine but you can..

Easiest way to get it started is to keep turning it over with no throttle and it will
eventually fire...

Jamie
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 10:47 AM)jay5488 Wrote: Had a very similar situation when we had a Zafira.... (I know, don't laugh)
Just flooding, that's all, it was the same if you started it and turned it off within a
few seconds...
Basically when starting from cold there is a lot more fuel to get it going from cold.
some say you can't flood an injection engine but you can..

Easiest way to get it started is to keep turning it over with no throttle and it will
eventually fire...

Jamie

I was really hoping this was it! I will report what happens later when I go get the mrs from work!
Thanks given by:
Yeah just flooded. They are awful for it!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
started no problem! ty all
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 06:37 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: started no problem! ty all

Nice oneSmile
Thanks given by:
yeh my 1.8 wouldnt start some times. it only did it about 3 times but it was as if it had a flat battery. Left it and came back to it later and it started no problem at all!
Thanks given by: