Cutting out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting out
Tongue 
Hey all right I fitted a air intake months ago and had to take the t_piece off the rocker cover which connected to the air box and inlet manifold. My dad came round today and noticed this and advised me to plug the hole off the bit just after the inlet because was sucking in air and making the car idle alot quicker he also said that having done that, that it may take a day or so for ecu to adjust the ammount of petrol being put in but since doing this it has decided to keeping cutting out at junctikns or when chnging gear at low speeds just wondering that this would be considerd normal. I have spoken to my dad and he seems to think its werid and to keep an eye on it. It a 99 plate v reg 1.6 any help would be v handy cheers
Thanks given by:
put it back as it was?!?!?!?!?

It was there for a reason...pug would have loved to have save some dosh by not fitting them if they were pointless!

I wouldnt have thought these early pug ecus were adaptive either
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You have plugged the icv which controls the amount of air required on idle. When your off the throttle, the butterfly is closed but it still needs a bit of air which it takes through the icv. You need to get a small filter for it. About £10 for a generic one from halfords
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cheers dude new someone would no will nip out n get one tomoz cheers again
Thanks given by: