hi all i am new to this....need guidance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi all i am new to this....need guidance
Thumbs Up 
hi all new to this and im a 306 newby...well i have just recently brought a 1.4mpi for £170 and its a great little car absoluly love it and im now looking for ways to modifiy it so i may need help please.... best ways to modify it? dont say bigger engine as im only 18 and cant afford a gti6 Sad was going to cherry bomb it but just wounderd if anyone has done it and is it worth it? ideas would be great people to help be modify my car many thanks people thank youguys Big Grin

leonard
Thanks given by:
welcome...

save up for a headgasket would be a good start....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
strip it mate, not a lot else to be done without a fair bit of knowledge . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
yeah loose weight, improve handling via light wheels, tyres and suspension upgrades...you wont get much from the 1.4
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah so I think I might go with strip the whole car out upgrade the handaling and exhauast system from the manifold back and have good air intake and that should do I think anyone recomend a good suspension/handling upgrades? And performance upgrads ?
Thanks given by:
Don't get too excited about exhaust mods, maybe lose the backbox for something more free flowing but that'd do you, you won't see any power gains after that without other mods to the engine.

As has been said really, best thing to do is strip weight off the car, and for cheap handling upgrades, fit GTi parts Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
you may lose your torque band if you freeflow the exhaust too much on the 1.4

cheap options for dampers and springs are out there...as said, gti beam, struts, brakes all cheap found second hand

and gti ARB and a strut brace upper and lower
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So really all I got to do is strip it out ? Get a free flowling back box? And suspenseion work form a gti? Sounds good to me also I have some pepper pot 205 alloys to fit aswell Big Grin
Thanks given by:
you'll want some diff springs for the front....but they cheap enough
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
A damn good service. You wont get much out of that little engine but the best way is to make sure its perfectly healthy and making as much power as it can. Could always put throttle bodies on it for lols, it would definately draw alot of attention :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: