front drop links

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
front drop links
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what front drop links to get, mine have seen better days, looking on ebay and you can get a pair really cheap, but is this a false economy, as on my old mondeo it used to eat cheapo front drop links.
Can anyone recommend a decent brand that will last a while?

Many thanks Titch
Thanks given by:
Febi bilstein from gsf, not bad priced And oe quality.

Don't get the plastic ones, I had a pair on my s16 and after one spirited drive I parked up on uneven ground.

Everything cooled down and the link set in a banana shape
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks,

My car has the plastic ones on it at the moment, is it possible to replce the plastic ones with metal ones?
Thanks given by:
Its fine to replace plastic ones with metal ones. Prob be best to do both tbh if your changing from plastic to metal.

Dont get any cheap ones off ebay! I got some and with in 2 months the boots were split
Thanks given by:
Yeah if going from plastic to metal replace both.
Thanks given by:
I heard the plastic ones are better than the metal ones tbh
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I can't see there being a difference between the plastic and metals ones but the way i look at it is that they were fitted with plastic ones as standard so there must be a reason for that but most cars these days are fitted with metal ones
Thanks given by:
Ok I may get some flack or this but what exactly do drop links doo ?? I've lowered my car and a mechanic m8 says to get adjustable links ?? Do I need to and what will happen if I don't ??
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damn spinning drop links Iaitoo 24 6,361 02-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Drop links - and now tie rods :) Iaitoo 11 2,116 16-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Drop links spec mattbarker32 27 4,361 06-08-2015, 04:05 AM
Last Post: maxzy