Gggrrrrrrr

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gggrrrrrrr
Well was out playing yesterday and now have a grinding noise in 1st 2nd and 3rd , not 4th or 5th hopefully the gear box is low on oil, though doubt I will be so lucky, defo from gearbox as it don't do it when coasting!!

Anybody done a box change on an s16? Any pointers? I have a spare box to put on! f*cking pain in the arse as its my daily, just means ill have to use one of my cousins cars for a few days lol

19 years ain't to bad for a box I suppose and 10 years of that in my hands ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just watch my guide if ur unsure
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
The you tube one bud?
Thanks given by:
http://www.darrenjlobb.co.uk/home/xu-clutch-change

Clutch change guide, but i drop the tranny to do it, so same thing Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Cool cheers fella!! yeh ill do the clutch aswell, 10 years of clutch kicking probably aint done it much good lol, get my man to lighten my fly aswell, fit new seals and what not, may even get round to changing the speedo sensor, be nice to have a speedo again ha ha
Thanks given by:
haha well speedo sensor is on the tranny so get that sorted while its out!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Defo worth checking the oil level in the box and if it is ok bit be worth changing the oil before you go for changing the gearbox.

The box in my S16 had like 1/2 a litre if that in it and it was noisey in 3rd but i had decided to put a 6 speed box in it any way.
Thanks given by:
Well just got my spare box off my spare engine, and ill be f*cked if Iam putting that on and changing clutch and fly on my back on the driveway lol too old for that shit ha ha

Calling kris b lol

Going to fill the box up anyways! I knew I had a slight leak from a shaft after my last trackday!!
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 01:33 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Well just got my spare box off my spare engine, and ill be f*cked if Iam putting that on and changing clutch and fly on my back on the driveway lol too old for that shit ha ha

Calling kris b lol

Going to fill the box up anyways! I knew I had a slight leak from a shaft after my last trackday!!

I hear that's pretty normal at your age
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Ha ha it had to be you!!! Shit box

Loves ya
Thanks given by:
[Image: vebeqevy.jpg]

Anyone tell me which is the filler point on my box Haynes says a square tool is needed but I don't have one lol

Help!! I need the car tomorow ha ha
Thanks given by:
Fill it from on top. Little black cap sits over the fill point
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
You mean the fill level drain or the actually filling point on the box?

Filling point is under the battery kind of area, black hex plug with a breather cap on top of it. The level drain plug I'm not so sure on an S16, but is that missing a bolt to the lower left of the gearbox?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The filler is the bolt just left from the drive shaft. Should be a 19mm i think
Thanks given by:
Yeh sorted cheers guys! Well at least my box Is working now woohoo, just need to sort the leak on the shaft! It's only weeping, but there was fuckall oil in it and I mean fuckall lol
Thanks given by:
Glad you got it sorted mate. It leaking from the drive shaft seals?
Thanks given by:
Yeh noticed it weeping after giving it the once over after my last trackday! My own fault really I've never changed it! Still get the seals and that done this week
Thanks given by: