S16 clutch fit HDi??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S16 clutch fit HDi??
Clutch has always been heavy on my stage 1 hdi so knew it was on its way out but just begun to slip under full load the other day. I work or a Citroen Peugeot garage and we have a new valeo clutch kit for a 306 s16 kicking around. Valeo part number is 821087. (pull type)

Anyone know if this would fit my 306 hdi and handle the torque of a stage 1 approx 120-125 BHP.
I've heard of gti clutches wing used before but not s16.
Thanks given by:
I don't believe they're the same and the HDi is a push type gearbox
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Later ones are push with hydraulic slave cylinder earlier ones are pull I believe? I'll have a look at it later. All gti-6's are pull type so for people to fit them to a hdi they must be pull.
Thanks given by:
No. 306 hdis never had hydro clutches. Hdi is a push type, to use a 6 clutch it needs to be converted to pull type.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ahh change forks etc. just had a look and it's a cable type as said. Will get one in from gsf or similar then cheers.
Thanks given by:
S16 clutch has a slightly heavier pressure plate, but is essentially the same as a GTi6 clutch or XUD9 clutch... It'd fit if you did a clutch conversion to pull type... But not as standrlard.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
You've got it. There's a bloke on here that says he's using a '6 clutch with a stage 2, so got to be worth doing the conversion imo, should theoretically hold stage 1 power as long as you like.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've got a 6 clutch and flywheel setup on mine with a low torque map and it holds fine
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Well I've got a standard valeo 6 clutch on my supercharged 6 with a lightened flywheel and crank pulley running 260bhp and doesn't slip at all so their pretty strong.
Thanks given by:
Its not the horsepower thats the issue, its the torque - sc torque is much more progressive so easier on the clutch.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yup indeed it is nice even pull Wink. Have done shite loads of 2.0 hdi clutches but only in ones with hydraulics like 406, Picasso, 206, C5 etc.
Also done countless 306 TD and gti clutches but never a 306 hdi yet. From the outside it looks like a pull type to be honest as it still has the pin at the front of the arm to remove etc but I take it the arm inside the box is different so it pushes instead of pulls.
Find out when I can be bothered to do it u guess lol.
Thanks given by:
Haha random, they do seem to last forever if well looked after, my 185k car is on its original and im fairly sure its been abused lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeh just Thursday I did a clutch on a 206 2.0 hdi and it had done 199003 miles lol
Thanks given by: