Jonny's GT20s HDi Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonny's GT20s HDi Estate
^^^ I thought the 2 numbers after the frame size were the coldside so going from a 1549 to a 2052 is a 3mm difference in coldside.
Thanks given by:
That's a fair point actually lol, brain fail. Sad

Still, would be better off fitting the turbo in standard form imho.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-10-2012, 06:09 PM)Poodle Wrote: That's a fair point actually lol, brain fail. Sad

Still, would be better off fitting the turbo in standard form imho.
]

I agree mate, But need to do more research before making any decisions.. I'm hoping to hit the 200 BHP mark reliably, and still have a reasonably driveable car.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Well not masses to report really, still collecting bits, driving the car daily and she's holding together just beautifully Big Grin

But my spoiler has finally arrived, got the first coat of paint on already, I have my 23.5mm TB's ready to fit, and I also got one of those ipod connectors that works on a standard stereo. Which is nice Smile

And I also had a few weeks of straight pipe win, which ended tonight after one of my rushed and gasless (ran out 1/2 way through the job) welds failed. So I'm now just on a mid box!

Thanks given by:
GTxyyzz -
X being A or B - being the generation of turbo, some OEMs don't have this on, (BMW is one of them...)
Y being the frame of Turbo - generally the shaft size, but GT15-25 are mostly the same shaft size...
Z being the compressor exducer in millimetres - most places measure the compressor INDUCER rather than exducer, but Garrett like to be different.

The whole reaming turbos into housings is a crap idea IMO unless you seriously know what you're doing with regards to adjusting the throat into the wheel otherwise you'll end up screwing the A/R wildly, either causing massive backpressure, or serious lag...

The OEM turbo on an 8v HDi is a GT1546S....
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2012, 12:35 AM)Ruan Wrote: The OEM turbo on an 8v HDi is a GT1546S....
I was sure they were a GT1549S????
Thanks given by:
[Image: 8217027157_5f92f5c5c3.jpg]
IMG_2351 by Jonny_Moore91, on Flickr

This should be fitted in time for the xmas meet Big Grin

Also my new 23.5mm TB's and some lows!

Thanks given by:
your going to love the TBs. Fitted mine today and its made such a difference! slightly more tail happy now. need some better tyres badly!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah, also got solid mounts to be fitted.. should be fun!

Thanks given by:
(25-11-2012, 06:31 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Yeah, also got solid mounts to be fitted.. should be fun!

never driven a car with solid mounts but went in grants after he fitted his and i wasnt a fan really but each to their own! Just dont do what i did with the bars and put one in the wrong way round and spend ages wondering why the hell it wont fit! lmao
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
well I can always take 'em off again, why didn't you like them?

Thanks given by:
(25-11-2012, 06:40 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: well I can always take 'em off again, why didn't you like them?

felt like it made the car much more tail happy but then again i wasnt driving so he could of just been driving harder
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ninja Better pictures to follow..

[Image: 8225508184_630d635daf.jpg]
IMG_2354 by Jonny_Moore91, on Flickr

Thanks given by:
nice!!

couple of milk crates to reach it?

/floggingadeadhorsetroll
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Nah, he wears stilts to push his shopping trolley around lol
Thanks given by:
he does now you mean, up until his birthday he had to make do with upturned baked bean cans under his feet haha

Thanks given by:
like the spoiler. Expensive stuff though! D: How did you fit it? Screws or lots of tiger seal? May have to get one myself however i am still on the look out for something more like Spellows.
Thanks given by:
I drilled holes in the boot and used the bolts supplied, also used the glue supplied, which is 100x better than tigerseal, very very high instant grab!

Just so you know, Pellowe's boot won't open much over half way. Which would be an issue for you being a DI and all.. But his spoiler does look truly epic!

Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 11:38 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I drilled holes in the boot and used the bolts supplied, also used the glue supplied, which is 100x better than tigerseal, very very high instant grab!

Just so you know, Pellowe's boot won't open much over half way. Which would be an issue for you being a DI and all.. But his spoiler does look truly epic!

really? lol. is that because itll crush the spoiler between the lid and the roof? May have keep my eyes open for an ecosse one? How much was it? £250 odd arent they? D:
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it catches on the roof lol but I think he was gonna sort it.

As for ecosse spoilers, I painted mine, so it was under £200 delivered. But it took since the 20th of september to arrive!

And you'll not find one second hand. I've searched for a long time and never found one..

Thanks given by:
Epic lows were achieved thanks to KrisB.

And the xmas meet was epic Big Grin here's a few shots in the car park and a tunnel run video Big Grin

[Image: 8239459188_2eb6610d98.jpg]
IMG_2367 by Jonny_Moore91, on Flickr

[Image: 8239461514_a4813c2930.jpg]
IMG_2366 by Jonny_Moore91, on Flickr

[Image: 8238398149_fd057fa29f.jpg]
IMG_2365 by Jonny_Moore91, on Flickr

Thanks given by:

gunna do it? Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Looked better on the phone, but it's still pretty damn sweeet. Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I don't usually.like the look of estates or silver 306s.......but somehow yours looks awesome! Nice one jonny. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
This car is awesome! Love the combination of silver body and white wheels!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
It's looking lush now fella, total opposite to mine!

And the spoiler will never be sorted. Form>Function and all that.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys!

So.. I now have the following to fit as soon as time and weather allows!
-CG 4 paddle unsprung clutch
-GT2052
-Solid beam mounts

I raised the back up 20mm the other night, it's made the drive much better, less tail heavy and understeery, was too low at the back lol

Also want to make a decent exhaust, but that'll wait for the new turbo, then I can do it all in one go.

And I'm going to have a go at making an enclosed cone filter, I fitted a standard panel the other day and you can really feel it high up in the revs, so I'm gonna fit a big cone filter and try and enclose it somehow..

Then roll on more tuning Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Haribo bucket works well.....

Thanks given by:
Whats the reason for enclosing it if you have an intercooler anyway? Will it make much difference? :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2012, 11:40 PM)samass Wrote: Haribo bucket works well.....

This I have heard. I'm thinking maybe plastic paint tin, something like that.. Big Grin

(21-12-2012, 11:47 PM)Tom Wrote: Whats the reason for enclosing it if you have an intercooler anyway? Will it make much difference? :p

Reason is for the bodgetasticness of it, just so I can have a go at making one lol But also because as Tesco tells us, Every little helps Tongue

But realistically, I doubt it'd make much difference either way.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jonny's Orange cabby (xud content!) Jonny81191 65 18,190 05-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Last Post: 1616six
  Carl and Jonny's XUD Hillclimber 306racecar 151 57,813 15-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Jonny's 406 executive HDi Jonny81191 38 9,745 07-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191