d8a bottom end

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
d8a bottom end
As stated in the title are they really any stronger or is it a myth, what makes people think they are any stronger. any info welcome cheers
Thanks given by:
I think its a bit of a myth. AFAIK there is no evidence
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Same rods/pistons.

Think it's just because less D8a engines have spat rods they were just hyped up that they were better. Pretty sure there is no difference between the D8a/D8b

However IIRC the DHY has ceramic plated pistons which will have some effect.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's what I thought, looking into building a reliable daily motor that can cope with some abuse without worry. With the rods are forged available off the shelf anywhere, if not any non xud forged rods come close in size?? What are the xud rod sizes (big end and wrist pin) cheers
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2013, 08:41 AM)billing5 Wrote: Yeah that's what I thought, looking into building a reliable daily motor that can cope with some abuse without worry. With the rods are forged available off the shelf anywhere, if not any non xud forged rods come close in size?? What are the xud rod sizes (big end and wrist pin) cheers

No off the shelf forged internals, you can get them made up for around £5-600 if you think it's worth that.
Id rather just buy 5 spare engines tbh though...

Also have a search on here for Hdi rods, a lot use them nowadays.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
No strength difference I've had both and shit both, the dhy seems to be a smoother motor maybe they balanced them better from the factory also as said they have slightly better heat resistant bangers and the head is slightly better for this too... If your block is out 100% swap the rods for some dw10 ones, slightly bigger in places.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
D8A = phase 1, DHY = phase 2
D8A = D8B, D8B = 406 engine
Here in France, the question does not arise for a number of years between the DHY & D8A-D8B
The DHY with aluminum are pathetic face with D8A fonte.Pre-piston combustion chambers + rods break.
The only 2 things better on DHY is all the liquid cooling system and the head cylinder engine.
This is my opinion from experiences in many countries with the PSA XUD.
Thanks given by: